Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

I have a Barco Data 808 with freshly rebuilt blue and green tubes. The picture is bright and sharp. I upgraded from a BG800 and am very happy with the improvement but.....

When I do the electronic focus all is well except I can not seen to get as tight a focus on the RH side as the left. I have confirmed my mechanical setup and lense focus to be correct. The left side is razor sharp (after elec focus) but the right is slightely softer especially in the top corner.

Does anyone have any ideas/ procedure I can follow to correct this slight but nagging problem?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Have you adjusted the bolts under the red tube? This is the Scheimpflug adjustment and has a dramatic effect on the corner and side focus if they're out.

Curt

·
Registered
249 Posts
Make sure the pj is absolutly centered on the screen (the hole thing), I had the same problem as you, and when trying to adjust, I could move the problem from one side to another.

If you find it difficult to meassure, try moving the pj sideways while trying to focus, that did it for me.

Frode

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Curt hit the nail on the head.

Terry

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I think I am confused. I have owned a couple BG800 and they have the hex bolts for focus adj but the 808 as far as I can see has none.

Curt said "under the red tube" but I see nothing there.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Ah yes you are right. This is a Data, which doesn't have the Scheimflug adjustment (bolts unit the CRT) like the graphics. If you are absolutely sure about the maounting, optical and EM focus are correct, you can try putting some shims or thin washers under the back of one side of the lens to see if you can get it to focus any better.

Terry

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry

Is there any procedure to follow for installing shims? I would like it to be as painless as possible. I know how to rem lenses etc but was wondering if there is a way of knowing what size and where (which corner) to install the shims. Any shorcuts?

Thanks

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.