AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skimmed the different forums, and really couldn't find an appropriate fit, but I desperately need help. I have a Dell Precision Workstation 650 Series with Windows XP.. Added a Serial-ATA PCI Controller a while back... I have one hard drive connected to the Serial ATA card that works fine in the bios and in Windows. The Blu Ray drive is not being recognized at all, however. Actually rebooted about 15 times and maybe one out of every 3-4 times the Blu Ray drive appears in the SATA bios as: Philips BD-RE BDBD49 (weird it is not even Philips BD-RE BDD1001), but no matter if it shows in BIOS or not, it never appears in Windows. Can anyone help me with any suggestions?

Thanks!

chew

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hmmm, not sure!

I would check the SATA setting for the PCI card and see if you can enable it as some type of "IDE mode", and make sure it is not set in RAID mode.

The time that it does show up in the BIOS after many reboots, will it then show up in WinXP or do you even let it boot up to WinXP?

You might also try plugging the drive into the same connection that the hard drive is connected to, and see if that works. Also, try swapping cables with the hard drive too and see if the isue follows the cable!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RScottyL:

>Hmmm, not sure!

>

>I would check the SATA setting for the PCI card and see if you can enable >it as some type of "IDE mode", and make sure it is not set in RAID mode.

>

>The time that it does show up in the BIOS after many reboots, will it then >show up in WinXP or do you even let it boot up to WinXP?

>

>You might also try plugging the drive into the same connection that the >hard drive is connected to, and see if that works. Also, try swapping cables >with the hard drive too and see if the isue follows the cable!

>

Okay, I'll have to check that SATA setting for the PCI card.

Only one time did it ever appear in the Device Manager, it showed as CD-ROM with the yellow exclamation point! After 10 minutes or so, it appeared correctly in the Device Manager as Blu Ray 1001. I rebooted was never seen again in Windows Device Manager since, regardless if it does appear in the Bios. I have tried connecting with the different cables and channels, with no luck.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts