AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have done something not so clever. Sony may have done something, errrrr, funny?

I bought a Sony BDP-S5000ES to be able to control it via RS232. It is just that the manual on the EU-version says that RS-232C does not work in Europe.

Anyone with experience with this blu-ray player and home automation?

Is it correct that the player does not have its internal RS232-board in the Europe version?

On the BDP-CX7000ES it is a possibility to control it via LAN. Does that work with the 5000ES as well?

I wish to control it with a Crestron CP2e (RS232, IR, LAN). It sucks to have to do IR-control, but if that is the only option...

DrE

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been in contact with Sony Support (in Sweden). They told me that the EU version of player also has the internal RS232-board, but that their service manual said that it was for service matters only.

He could not say that RS232-commands would not work. Hardware-wise, it contains the same as the Japan and US model. Could be a different firmware maybe (one with RS232, another without)

DrE

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same player, and am just now beginning to think about RS232 control. Did any of you try this, and successfully control it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts