Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First of all i want to link to the beginning thread, i cannot find this one on the forum system any longer to reply on it:

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/009777.html#1

After the warnings of the members of this forum i sent "John" a e-mail that i have to suppose that this projector doesn´t exist really and that i am afraid that this is a ripp off.

After this e-mail i haven´t heard anything from him anymore.

I thought, o.k. either he is angry or he really try to ripp of people.

But the best comes now:

I was bidding on a Runco 991 on e-bay yesterday and today i received again a e-mail from "john":

==================

You recently bid on a Runco 3 Gun CRT projector W/ Video Scaler . I have one of them that I am willing to sell. The current price I am willing to accept is $2450, compared to the current bid price of $2950. If you're willing to buy, I may be able to negotiate. The price I am offering is reasonably low since it's lower then the current bid price. It's brand new in factory sealed packaging. Ready to ship. I can accept money orders, no personal checks, sorry. Thanks. Please get back to me.

-John

======================

This was exact the same e-mail he sent me about the G70. And i simply don´t believe that he REALLY has a brand new unoped Runco 991 at this price.

So in my opinion this is a guy who will do ripp off as a proffessional.

Would pls. some of the local forum member inform goverment or something like that ?

Thanks for your interest

Take care

Thomas

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this has dawned on anyone yet, but the man's name is KAHN = CON. Believe it or not, con artists often think it is funny to use such names. I heard on National Public Radio of one guy who was successfully cashing fake cashier's checks using the law firm name of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe, P.A.!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately, they are not very original. I recall a three stooges episode where they were private detectives and their sign on the office door was Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
What I wonder is when was the last time he conned someone :mad: Man you guys In Texas need to pay this schmuch a visit. Most likely though his address and all that is fake.

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
Use you friggin' head, man!

A RUNCO 991 W/ VIDEO SCALER FOR $2450!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are quite a few cheapskates in the forum but please..............

If anyone should be reported to Ebay, its YOU for taking this seriously enough to corrspond with this grifter!

Remember what your dad always said, " If it's too good to be true, it probably is".

Jeff

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thomas:

I don't know if this will help you much, butyou might try Henry Fu at Fu-Hou video in San Francisco for a G-70. I purchased mine from him, as have several other forum members, and all reports I've read suggest that he is a reputable business person, and he ships world-wide. You can contact him at [email protected] . In general, though, you will probably not get a G70 with less than 500 hours for $3500 from him - they go for bit more.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Thebland

BEFORE you start flapping them lips next time. READ carefully what was said. Here i'll point it to you so you understand.

First of all i want to link to the beginning thread, i cannot find this one on the forum system any longer to reply on it:

After the warnings of the members of this forum i sent "John" a e-mail that i have to suppose that this projector doesn´t exist really and that i am afraid that this is a ripp off.

After this e-mail i haven´t heard anything from him anymore.

I thought, o.k. either he is angry or he really try to ripp of people.

But the best comes now:

I was bidding on a Runco 991 on e-bay yesterday and today i received AGAIN a e-mail from "john":

==================

You recently bid on a Runco 3 Gun CRT projector W/ Video Scaler . I have one of them that I am willing to sell. The current price I am willing to accept is $2450, compared to the current bid price of $2950. If you're willing to buy, I may be able to negotiate. The price I am offering is reasonably low since it's lower then the current bid price. It's brand new in factory sealed packaging. Ready to ship. I can accept money orders, no personal checks, sorry. Thanks. Please get back to me.

-John

======================

This was exact the same e-mail he sent me about the G70. And i simply don´t believe that he REALLY has a brand new unoped Runco 991 at this price.

So in MY opinion this is a guy who will do ripp off as a proffessional.

Sorry to be "so mean" if you will but you started yapping about people falling for stuff when no such notion was said.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
dkeller_NC,

Henry Fu has a G-70, but the price is $7500 not $3500. I asked him last week.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Uh - Terry, that's why I replied with:

"you will probably not get a G70 with less than 500 hours for $3500 from him - they go for a bit more."

(The "for a bit more" part was supposed to be an understatement. ;))

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
Thomas,

I was flappin' my gums and am sorry I misread your post.

I apologize.

I have seen posts of others losing $$$ on 'too good to be true' items and assumed this was a similar query. I was wrong and truely apologize for my comments.

Jeff

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bland:

No problem.

Will now anyone do something about this guy ?

Thanks for your interest.

Take care

Thomas

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Check this one out. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1289068761 The guys name is jokeresp he will only take a money order or cashiers check and is in the Canary Islands has no feedback and using an anonymous e-mail address. Gee I want to send him some my hard earned money. I can't believe someone actually bid on it.

Mike

·
Registered
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeEby
Check this one out. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1289068761 The guys name is jokeresp he will only take a money order or cashiers check and is in the Canary Islands has no feedback and using an anonymous e-mail address. Gee I want to send him some my hard earned money. I can't believe someone actually bid on it.

Mike
I just sent the bidder a link to this thread.

Bryan

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sunday I was within about a mile of this guy's address in Fort Worth. Now I wish I had my digital camera and the address with me so I could go take a picture of what is sure to be a vacant lot. I'd guess the name and/or address might be just a tad off the real ones such that the postman will know where to really deliver it in that neighborhood.

I believe when I searched on the names and addresses I found several names that matched in the neighborhood.

Mark

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
mp20748

I want you to send me money so I can ship you a piece of equipemnt that does NOT exsist. THAT is bold and blatant.

As for being "suckers". It just a matter of not knowing or being accustomed to a diffrent system. You think the rest of the world operates like us (Talking about North America and not the U.S.A. solely)??? If you do. I suggest you start taking trips then. Every country has there ways. To us this seems not normal. To other countries it is normal way of living.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The camcorder still only has one bid. It a digital camcorder so I should bid and win the auction then tell the guy to take a short video of himself and e-mail to me. It would be fun to see his reaction. It a great camcorder with film mode so you could tell by the quality if it was shot by that camcorder.

Mike

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
"...I was bidding on a Runco 991 on e-bay yesterday and today i received again a e-mail from "john":

==================

-John

======================

So in my opinion this is a guy who will do ripp off as a proffessional..."

Figgie,

if you carefully read the above you will see that this guy has NO finesse in his intent, it is also obvious that he is out to rip someone off. This is not a con man. This guy is blatant. It is as if he is saying 'I want to take your money' - that mentality refers to its victims as "SUCKERS"

If you read my reply on the other threads on a simular topic, you will see that I'm adamantly against CON MEN ripping people off. But this is not the case here, this guy is looking for a victim. I have much sympathy for those who are conned (deceived), however, those who CHOOSE to become victims, I'll respect their decision.

There are several people on this forum who are very reputable and sell CRT projectors, there is also a classified section on the forum, but folk will look for a DEAL ("It's brand new in factory sealed packaging".) elsewhere, and after they get spanked (pardon my coloquialism) they come back and post on this same forum to the same people they avoided and whine about either buying a defective projector or getting no projector at all. However, I do understand that until these rip-off artist provide a complaint department, we will have hear about this stuff here on the forum.

This all happens because someone is tempted by a DEAL that is offered by an unknown person... Whatever happened to "buyer beware"

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The camcorder on Ebay listed has been pulled and is invalid maybe we stopped one of the frauds this time.

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.