AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one am greatly appreciative that Shaun of Focus Enhancements has made himself available to this forum during the development of the CS-1. It takes cojones of steel to place oneself in the line of fire at the time of product release. There are going to be issues - some valid, some nit-picky, some due to misunderstandings of capabilities, some irritating whines. The fact that he's here and accessible (so far) is a huge plus for the future of the product and a huge plus for us the home theater enthusiasts. Give him and Focus Enhancements a little time and don't expect perfection right off the bat. I'm confident that with his attitude, and a substantial company behind the CS-1, this will be the budget processor of choice in a short time.

The only product I can remember where the company was involved in the AVS forum during development and release was the TAW Rock - and wasn't that pleasant. Obviously Shaun is a much better spokesman for his company than whats his name, but if we give him too hard a time here, he might decide to make himself scarce. Human nature.

Craig

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I also think that we have to be respectful as well.

People will go the extra mile for us if we are respectful.

clopez

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A product is ultimately only as good as the people standing behind it. I posted a question today about my CS-1 and in a VERY short time, Shaun had pointed me toward a PDF explaining EVERYTHING I might want to know.

After a couple days with it, it looks like the CS-1 is going to be a very good product. But Shaun's (and other FE folks') willingness to listen to us and provide answers will boost it to great product, IMO.

I know from reading on this forum, that some folks were frustrated with the support for the QuadScan line. With another system software update already in the offing (Thanks for sharing the info, Shaun, rather than keeping us in the dark!), the CenterStage line appears to be heading in the right direction. It looks like it may be a new day for FE.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
cwilson,

Actually, if I remember correctly, it WAS pleasant with TAW... We all had high hopes and the collaboration (particularly Mark R.) were very useful for both TAW and us.

The problems started much later on, when pricing fluctuations and personal conflicts started...

This forum can be harsh, but there are alot of smart people here and alot of useful information for manufacturers.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds
A product is ultimately only as good as the people standing behind it.
Yep, this is also my experience. I personally like FE as a company, and Shaun has really earned great respect from so many of us because of his tireless efforts to bring us the best product for the buck.

I have complete confidence in the CS-1 living up to its expections, however, that may not happen on its debut. No manufacturer can guarantee a polished product on debut. That's why it's important to know if the company will stand behind its product. From a service perpective from one who has worked for a Focus dealer, I can say that FOCUS has earned my:

TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

Their previous products were very well constucted. What really amazed me about the previous versions was how Shaun pushed his engineers to make it better. It seemed like it was in a perpetual state of improvement. We got confused on what version was what, and it was all for a budget scaler. This is a great company, and many more great things will be coming from them. Their track record and reputation is all the reason to purchase the scaler. And we should expect a few bugs and glitches - but it's good to know that Focus (Shaun) stands behind it's product.

Already I'm recommending the CS-1 and the New Keydigital processor, I have not seen or experienced either product, but my experience with the companies that make these products is 60% of why to buy a product...

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I would like to thank Shaun for his willingness to participate here on the forum. The CS-1 is truly a breakthrough product in terms of features and performance for the money. As with any new product, there may be some issues. Shaun has been nothing but helpful and responsive to all issues and questions.

Thanks Shaun for the product and the participation. With this attitude, I am sure that any issues with the product will be resolved.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I really appreciate all of these great comments. This is the proof to that question that we ask ourselves quite often "Is all of this hard work and long hours really worth it?" Answer yes! Our culture here at Focus is very different from other companies, this is what will make our company successful. Many products fail only because the people behind the product choose this destination in one form or another. Our CenterStage Team is dedicated to making this product a success, we can only do it with your feedback whether it is positive or negative (especially the negative). We need this feedback in order to make the product what it should be. What good is a product that doesn't meet customer expectations. No product can be perfect but a customer should be satisfied with the purchase. We are raising the bar for the performance, quality and value that you get from a processor under $2500 and I truly believe that we are on the right track. CenterStage will be a success and we will prove it, just give us a little more time and you will see!:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Shaun your reply to this thread has given me great confidence that you will work out the issues with the CS-1 discussed in other threads. Please keep us informed as to where you are at with respect to resolving each issue and hopefully we can give you constructive input and feedback that will only serve to make this product better for everyone.

I look forward to the future with this product (and hopefully an upgrade path to the CS-2 or 3??).

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.