AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at CC here in NY and today they announced that if nobody buys out the store by next Friday there all gone!! Im not a boss or anything but they announced it today. So be ready for a big liquidation sale around!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 /forum/post/15514022


No offense. But, I hope they die. I hate that store.

You'll be singing a different tune when they go under and Best Buy becomes the unchallenged dominant force in the market. It'll be just like when Gamestop bought up EBGames. All of sudden for better or worse EB was gone, Gamestop was the only video game store, and because of that Gamestop actually got worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtChurch /forum/post/15514283


You'll be singing a different tune when they go under and Best Buy becomes the unchallenged dominant force in the market. It'll be just like when Gamestop bought up EBGames. All of sudden for better or worse EB was gone, Gamestop was the only video game store, and because of that Gamestop actually got worse.

No I won't. I don't shop @ BB now.


Amazon FTW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtChurch /forum/post/15514283


You'll be singing a different tune when they go under and Best Buy becomes the unchallenged dominant force in the market. It'll be just like when Gamestop bought up EBGames. All of sudden for better or worse EB was gone, Gamestop was the only video game store, and because of that Gamestop actually got worse.

People actually said the same thing when HD DVD was about to go under, that all those great deals that were happening at the time would die out. Also, there were many who claimed all those 2 for 1 deals would just continue like usual!! When is the last time there has been one of those by the way??????????????



Although that deal (buy 10 get $100+ off) Amazon had at Christmas was mighty sweet! But I think you catch my drift!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope they go too. The managers and the way its run is pathetic!!! I do feel for some of the guys who are good and need the work. But the managment is so bad let um rot!!!! BB all the way!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
honestly, i love my CC.... BB on the other hand is horrible around here (and most everywhere) but i haven't had any issues with my CC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/15514373


honestly, i love my CC.... BB on the other hand is horrible around here (and most everywhere) but i haven't had any issues with my CC

i have to agree, but it depends on the store. there are two CC stores within about 5 miles of where i live. one is nice and quiet, i never get disturbed by anyone asking if i need help umpteen times, and i get what i need and leave. the other one is actually the opposite, there are usually a lot of employees working there and i always get asked numerous times if i need help even when i say no, and the ONLY time i go there is when it's the only place i can find something...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipron /forum/post/15514331


People actually said the same thing when HD DVD was about to go under, that all those great deals that were happening at the time would die out. Also, there were many who claimed all those 2 for 1 deals would just continue like usual!! When is the last time there has been one of those by the way??????????????



Although that deal (buy 10 get $100+ off) Amazon had at Christmas was mighty sweet! But I think you catch my drift!!

... Not sure why you quoted me. That post had nothing to do with what I said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtChurch /forum/post/15514527


... Not sure why you quoted me. That post had nothing to do with what I said.

I guess I took that when CC goes "under and Best Buy becomes the unchallenged dominant force in the market" That you meant BB wouldn't have as good of deals as they do now without CC keeping them in check!


If I misunderstood your point, Sorry!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipron /forum/post/15514584


I guess I took that when CC goes "under and Best Buy becomes the unchallenged dominant force in the market" That you meant BB wouldn't have as good of deals as they do now without CC keeping them in check!


If I misunderstood your point, Sorry!

No my point was more along the lines that right now CC is the lesser of two evils in the electronics shopping center realm. Right now BB is generally a fairly poor place to shop in terms of the type of service you get from their employees. If CC goes under then not only will BB be your only option but they'll be the only game in town and their service will get even worse because they don't have to worry about you going to that "other store". Essentially it's like trading 2 mediocre stores for one absolutely horrid store.


Although now that you mention it I suppose I would be a mite concerned that BB will be less inclined to have as many quality deals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
CC sucks... but i will clean them out when its all done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
That would be a shame. I like going there for stuff over BB most of the time. More often then not, whenever a new video game comes out they have a buy this game, get a $10 gift card type thing. Always saves you $10 the next time a game comes out, can't complain about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man /forum/post/15515374


so what happens if you have a protection plan with CC that is valid for another few years?

Call them and find out. It still has to be honored. I believe they go through a company just like BB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 /forum/post/15514022


No offense. But, I hope they die. I hate that store.

No offense but wishing that people lose their job/income is well...asinine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,431 Posts
I just lost all the CC stores in my area right before Christmas. If anyone is looking for deals then look elsewhere. I popped in about four or five times during the various stages of clearance at a couple stores and there wasn't a deal on anything IMO. Everything gets set to MSRP and then 10% to 30% off. The uninformed pick up anything decent thinking it is a good deal. When the prices drop below Best Buy prices the selection has slimmed way down. When the prices drop below Amazon.com prices the only stuff left is the shelves, display model TV stands, and general crap.


You'll get a better deal by vowing to never set foot into a closing CC and using that gas savings to just buy the item at BB. Better yet order it online elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
While I believe that's what the OP heard, I doubt that a store manager would have been given this information from corporate. In fact, there are probably only a handful of people with access to this type of info. Had it of leaked out, it would have been all over the financial news.


Maybe they should be bailed out as well (JK)!
 
1 - 20 of 287 Posts
Top