AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to post this for those of you into the HTPC crowd. I just bought my son a hunakkah present/new computer from Alienware (2.66 ghz, 512 mb, DVD-RW Radeon 9700, Audigy Platinium 2), Maybe ill get to use this one day as an HTPC. Then i noticed a Media Systems Center part of site. Curious as i always am i click and come to a part of the website which is specifically targeted at the HTPC crowd. The systems are very fairly priced for what is offered, and also very nicely packaged in a small box which you wont be worried to have in the middle of your living room. The systems are fairly equipped. So far there are only 2 versions the "Navigator" and "NavgatorPRO". This company is very reliable, and their computers are consider top of the top, beside being a very nice HTPC, it is still manages to kick some ass in the prosses playing games just as well as its big brothers.There is a very nice demo that you should be sure to check out. Here is a link and some pictures:
http://www.alienware.com/main/media_center_compare.asp (this is a comparison with the HP computer i believe)
http://www.alienware.com/main/media_center.asp (general website)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by New B
Just like to post this for those of you into the HTPC crowd. I just bought my son a hunakkah present/new computer from Alienware
So how come you can't spell "Chanukah"?

And I agree with Esben. These are just a repackage of the Shuttle SS51G or SB51G. You could build the same machine yourself for hundreds less than Alienware's price tag.

Best regards,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Components

Its a custom case for the Shuttle SB51G

Custom Shuttle Board based on 845GE Chipset

Custom Shuttle Case

acronce is right, the Barebones from Shuttle goes for around $350 and includes the Case, Motherboard, Power Supply and Custom P4 Cooler (It uses a Heatpipe to send the Heat up to a custom Heatsink assembly behind the main fan.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by acronce
So how come you can't spell "Chanukah"?

And I agree with Esben. These are just a repackage of the Shuttle SS51G or SB51G. You could build the same machine yourself for hundreds less than Alienware's price tag.

Best regards,
Well Chanukah isnt the only thing i cannot spell 100% correct because english is my second language. I am originally from Israel but have lived in the United States for the past 7 years. My kids have caught on to the language much better, but gramar can still be an issue here and there because i didnt go through Elementary and Middle School where they taught you this in America.

Also since I speak hebrew at home and "Chanukah" is the english word for the holiday i dont think you can consider it wrong because, Chanukah is literally taken from hebrew.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by New B
Also since I speak hebrew at home and "Chanukah" is the english word for the holiday i dont think you can consider it wrong because, Chanukah is literally taken from hebrew.
Sorry! Sounds like I'm the newbie when it comes to hebrew ;-)

Best regards,

·
Registered
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by acronce
These are just a repackage of the Shuttle SS51G or SB51G. You could build the same machine yourself for hundreds less than Alienware's price tag.
But the key to these systems is the XP Media Center Edition OS, which for now can only be bought with a new PC. You could always roll your own software but I haven't seen anything that looks as nice and easy to use as MCE.

FYI there are now five manufacturers that sell MCE PCs .

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.