AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Awesome work fellas. Most excellent for sure. Love how everything came together just superb. Notice though that a completed theater = NYGF being MIA. Enjoy my friend you earned it.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #604 ·
Wrapped up a few loose ends Tuesday, and the granite came, Over the last week. Snickers1 (Ethernet wiring) and Landshark1 (Equipment programing and set-up) made visits and contributed to the effort (It takes a village).

A bunch of final pictures, used my better camera and set the white balance, so the colors are closer to reality.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Incredible! Any listening impressions? With the JTRs, Minions, and dual VTF-15s(??) I bet it sounds loud and as good as it looks!

With eight of the Fusions no need for comfy barstools--I'd bet a few would stand at the back bar to watch a game.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What great finish to a great ride. That is a beautiful theater. Go Giants!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Awesome.

I'm sure there have been demos throughout the build, but is there a movie picked out for the "official premier?" Heard lots of good things about Oblivion...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23630656

Wrapped up a few loose ends Tuesday, and the granite came, Over the last week. Snickers1 (Ethernet wiring) and Landshark (Equipment programing and set-up) made visits and contributed to the effort (It takes a village).

A bunch of final pictures, used my better camera and set the white balance, so the colors are closer to reality.

I see you guys finally decided to cover up both column next to the screen. It was a little distracting when the light is off watching a movie.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey guys, I want to thank all of you for all of the nice comments and for following my thread giving me insight, ideas, and help. Most importantly, I would like to thank BIG for making my fantasy become a reality. As some of you know, this theater room was in limbo due to a few obstacles that stood in the way. I had to do some reconstructive surgery to the space before we actually started building the room. After the surgery the space went directly into recovery mode util BIG was able start doing what he does best "Building."

Prior starting, BIG and I had a conversation and we concluded that he and I could tackle the task of building the space. My skills were extremely weak, but BIG had no problem switching modes from builder to teacher. I learned so much about carpentry work that I've decided to never embark on it as an official occupation. Measuring, cutting, sanding, painting, lifting, carrying, reading, waiting, sweating, purchasing, purchasing, purchasing did I mention purchasing? Oh yeah purchasing.... And most of all making mistakes. It took 5 months and I honestly enjoyed just about every minute of the aforementioned, but I don't think I'd ever want to do it again. Special thanks to Landshark, snickers1 and Mike from AVS.

I will end this by saying if you are thinking of using BIG to help with your HT but are uncertain for whatever reason, I can give you a list of reasons why you should.

Knowledgable, fairly priced, very honest, punctual, dedicated to the task, his attention to detail is impeccable, good at improvising and very resourceful.

Not sure about you, but those are all the attributes one should expect/require from a builder. Prior to finding big, I was introduced to someone who tried to over charge me for a sketch that I was supposed to give to someone to build my space. This individual had no patience and he was extremely rude. I am elated that I was able to wait for big to become available.

Thanks for everything guys.... About to watch Oblivion with the wife in my new theater

Last thing, I will be adding my equipment to my profile ASAP

·
Registered
285 Posts
Landshark, I was able to notice the slight light reflection while sitting in the second row so yes we decided to cover them up. I have to call you later this evening and fill you in on a few changes.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23633301

Thanks for everything guys.... About to watch Oblivion with the wife in my new theater

Last thing, I will be adding my equipment to my profile ASAP
With the 4K eshift + Darbee, you will LOVE the sharpness & the picture quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23633308

Landshark, I was able to notice the slight light reflection while sitting in the second row so yes we decided to cover them up. I have to call you later this evening and fill you in on a few changes.
I'll be working tonight. If I didn't answer, send me a text.

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23632705

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23630656

quote]

Big did you just use the same fabric in the columns for the speakers?

Yes, wrapped a piece of 1/4 plywood with the fabric and Velcro in place.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23633572

Yes, wrapped a piece of 1/4 plywood with the fabric and Velcro in place.
Thanks I was looking at buying this fabric in the gray and then the speaker cloth from Rose Brand for my columns and to cover my front wall acoustic treatment but if this works that would save me a step. It is also cheaper when you by 20 yards brining the price closer to the Rose Brand.

Speaker cloth from Rose Brand
http://www.rosebrand.com/product800/102-Black-Speaker-Cloth-FR.aspx?tid=2&info=speaker%2Bcloth

Follow up question do you think the gray will have any issue covering the 703 with FSK on my rear wall or will I need to pant or cover it with something else like brown paper first?

Rear wall
http://s629.photobucket.com/user/cw5billwade/media/theater/20130728_185804.jpg.html

601 - 620 of 887 Posts