AVS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 887 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
How does the room sound with the acoustic treatments that you've done? A little too alive? Dead or just about right? I'm going to start building my room soon and debating on the type of treatments to use and how much to allocate in the budget. Just do linacoustic behind the panels or go with Quest panels?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Incredible. Big, you should write a book. I feel like I could practically use this thread as a "how to". There seems to be enough detail in all the pictures, but I'm sure there are gotchas...

If you don't mind me asking, what does construction of something like this cost (ballpark)? Not for the speakers/av gear/screen; I'm just talking the 2x4s, drywall, paint, trim.... you know the "room", no labor just materials cost.

I recently bought a house and I'm considering attempting a build like this myself.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
With that whole new my Lowes thing, summaries will become way easier.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23642184

How does the room sound with the acoustic treatments that you've done? A little too alive? Dead or just about right? I'm going to start building my room soon and debating on the type of treatments to use and how much to allocate in the budget. Just do linacoustic behind the panels or go with Quest panels?

I'm not too familiar with quest panels, but as far as the linacoustics, I think they sound great.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakovits  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/630#post_23643151

With that whole new my Lowes thing, summaries will become way easier.
First you have to remmember to pull out the darn My Lowes card LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/630#post_23643170

good luck buying everything at Lowes I have to drive past two Home Depots to get to my closest one.
Agree sometimes it is easier to go to HD but here ever where ther is a HD Lowes is aroud the corner.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/600#post_23634320

Oblivion was pretty good. Great sound and picture. Story line could've been better, but overall it was good.

Giantsfan23 how did the HSU VTF 15's handle the bass in Oblivion?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/630#post_23643170

good luck buying everything at Lowes I have to drive past two Home Depots to get to my closest one.

Ah, so true. It sounded good in theory.

Good thing for Excel and do diligence entering all receipts

·
Registered
285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booga24  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/630#post_23651073

Giantsfan23 how did the HSU VTF 15's handle the bass in Oblivion?

Booga24, the bass was sick and the subs performed very well. The bass was not overwhelming, it was a clean, even and deep sound.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90  /t/1464536/beam-and-pole-interruptu...unch-the-rawlinsway-theater/630#post_23653917

I love the way this theater turned out, top notch for sure!

Thanks, it was a lot of sweat but it was well worth it. Im sitting back with my feet up watching "Strike Back"

621 - 640 of 887 Posts