AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm looking to go 7-8.2 here this summer. My current setup is listed below...

I'm looking to purchase 2 more speakers to be used as mains and maybe (probably) a better center, if I did I would end up moving my current center to be a rear center.

My question is should I go with something to match my system like Sierra towers or go with something for max output like the Jtr 228? Do they have a center to match?

I definatly want something I can crank up. How would sierra towers compare to 228s in terms of output?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It will be 60% movies BTW.

Also I have never cared much for horns for music but I don't mind them for movies. I don't know how the Jtrs sound but I didn't Care for the horns on the klipsch speakers I heard

·
Registered
142 Posts
Curious, how large a space are you trying to fill with output and what's the distance you plan to sit from the speakers? I previously owned the Sierra Towers/Horizon with Raal and have listened to the JTR 212s via a short demo at a GTG. 2 very different speakers. Is your usage almost exclusively movies or are you planning to mix in listening to music? What sub(s) do you have?

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
I've heard Klipsch RF7-II's with a RC-64 and Klipsch Ultra 2's, and IMO I definitely prefer the sound of my 228HT's for movie and music. The Klipsch speakers are way to bright for my tastes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts