AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry for another one of 'these' threads, but I've tried to piece meal everything together from various threads and haven't made much leadway. I'm looking for people who have already demo'd Internet Direct companies.

I currently have KEF XQ's and Def Tech BP's in my two front surround setup rooms. The bedroom I have is 12x14. It will be 50/50 music and movies. I'm looking for bookshelf speakers that are wall mountable due to space.

I was going to go with the Def Tech promonitor/center line, but then started looking around. I tried out some NHT Superzero 2.0's, but liked the sound of the Def Tech Promon 800's better in general. Now I don't know which is the best sound for the price. That is why I need you. I only have enough cash to demo two models at the same time, so I'm trying to narrow down the choices.

I'm running a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and already have a sub.

Option 1:

Ascend CBM-170SE - fronts

Ascend CMT-340SE - center

Option 2:

eD A6.mtm - l/r/c

Option 3:

Arx A2 - fronts/center

Option 4:

Def Tech ProMon 1000 - fronts

DT ProCenter 2000 - center

I've ruled out SVS and HSU due to the fact most of the threads recommened the Ascends over both. So as you can see, I need your help. Hopefully some of you have listened to the models I'm looking at and can help me pick two to demo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I like option 1, but I haven't heard options 2 and 3. Out of curiosity, since you're considering the 170 SE for fronts, why not pair them with the 170 SE center? Also, you definitely don't want a sub in this setup?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 /forum/post/20897639

I like option 1, but I haven't heard options 2 and 3. Out of curiosity, since you're considering the 170 SE for fronts, why not pair them with the 170 SE center? Also, you definitely don't want a sub in this setup?

He stated he already has a sub in his post....and I'm a deftech fan so I opt for option 4....:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 /forum/post/20897639

I usually do the step up for the center channel just because that is one of the key components in HT. Since there is no typical center channel design with the 170 SE, I decided to use the 340 SE which fits better under the TV and cabinet, and is their most popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6113 /forum/post/20897692

He stated he already has a sub in his post....and I'm a deftech fan so I opt for option 4....:)

I have enjoyed my BP7004's, CLR2002, and BP2X's also. I just figured I'd give someone else the chance to take my money.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabch22 /forum/post/20897873

I usually do the step up for the center channel just because that is one of the key components in HT. Since there is no typical center channel design with the 170 SE, I decided to use the 340 SE which fits better under the TV and cabinet, and is their most popular.

I have enjoyed my BP7004's, CLR2002, and BP2X's also. I just figured I'd give someone else the chance to take my money.

I hear ya....I just bought 2 8060-St towers,pro center 1000 and 2 pro monitor 800's but I want to upgrade my center and get an emotiva 3 channel amp soon...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.