AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a smaller home theater setup in the bedroom. (5 channel speakers, including subwoofer). My critical viewing distance is 10 feet. It has been suggested that my best option may be to go to a 36 or 38" 4x3 screen because I am so far away. I want the best HDTV screen as possible under $3000 (Street price, so that may be close to $4-5,000 retail).

I am also limited to 40.5 inches wide in my cabinet.

I am having problems finding the Sony XBR450 and Princeton 3.6 to demo... Any others???

Any recommendations here????

------------------

Michael James

Cincinnati, Ohio

Runco 5800 RPTV 65"

Lexicon MC-1

3 Sunfire Amplifiers

B&W 803's, Center Rears

Pioneer DV-05

Faroudja 2200 Scaler

Pioneer CLD-99

2 Grey Power Stations

PS Audio 300

Pronto Remotes

Automated Blinds, Lighting, Retractable Mirror

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
You will get many responses on viewing distances but it is best to judge for yourself. When I bought my HD RPTV for my home theater, rather than give away my old Tosh 55", I put it in my bedroom. I had to build a stand to raise it about 8 inches because while laying in bed my feet blocked the bottom portion of the screen. I am 11 feet away and I love it, and this is just a "lowly" 480 interlaced picture. This distance goes against many of the formulas that you might see posted. I have a DD/DTS receiver with a 5.1 speaker setup. I also have a DVD player in there, but I don't really watch movies there since I have my home theater downstairs.

Dino

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.