AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a LCD for my bedroom to watch standard def and HD content that I have DVR'd on my 622 Dish receiver. I prefer a 32 or 37 inch model. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
757 Posts
You would probably want a 720P model, because its native resolution is closer to the 480I output of SD dish feeds. The less upconversion the better. I have a 46 inch Samsung 1080P, top of the line LCD in the basement and my wife has a Toshiba 42HL67 LCD in the family room that she uses. Her set is better on SD material than mine. I would imagine that the 37 inch version of the Toshiba would be just as good. The 1080P Toshiba, the 37HL167 model has a green push problem, the lower model doesn't. Both the Samsung and Toshiba are outstanding on HD feeds.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpanogos /forum/post/12998294

You would probably want a 720P model, because its native resolution is closer to the 480I output of SD dish feeds. The less upconversion the better. I have a 46 inch Samsung 1080P, top of the line LCD in the basement and my wife has a Toshiba 42HL67 LCD in the family room that she uses. Her set is better on SD material than mine. I would imagine that the 37 inch version of the Toshiba would be just as good. The 1080P Toshiba, the 37HL167 model has a green push problem, the lower model doesn't. Both the Samsung and Toshiba are outstanding on HD feeds.

I have a Samsung 56' DLP 1080P in my living room so I understand that 720P would be a better option because the SD looks like horse dung on my Sammy. I was leaning toward the VIZIO 37 or 32 inch models (720p). Thoughts on these sets and are there better options for the money?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get the Samsung LNT-4053H. I have this in my bed room using the CNET settings. SD looks good, classic B&W looks great.

TS

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the Sony KDL-32S3000. It's 720, and SD and DVDs from old DVD player over component look great on it. HD is phenomenal. It's also perfect size for bedroom. Speakers are good as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Samsung LN-T3253H (32" 720p) and it has a great SD picture using both the NTSC and ATSC tuner's... I also have an older Sony 480p component DVD player hooked up to it and it is more then sufficient for the bedroom... Only down side is it's a little more pricey, but has lots of features also.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any of these mentioned models under $700?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I use the Vizio VU42LF 1080p in my bedroom and sit anywhere from 3 feet to 12 feet away. Great picture, even for SD.

You can get similar models for around $1K or go down to 37" to get closer to $700.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the Vizio VX37L

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by introibo /forum/post/13163863

Are you happy with it, especially SD?

I am content... I will never be happy with SD on an HDTV. I love the upconverted movies on the the Vizio as well.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve /forum/post/12998239

I would like a LCD for my bedroom to watch standard def and HD content that I have DVR'd on my 622 Dish receiver. I prefer a 32 or 37 inch model. Any suggestions?

Take a look at the 32" Sony with 10 bit processing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts