AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wanted to get some feedback to help me make the best decision for my situation. I am currently renting a small (1000 sqft) house but will be looking to buy my own in the next few years. My current HT is already going through an upgrade and am thinking maybe speakers next. As it stood past week my HT consisted of...

Panny 50" pz77u/Yamaha rxv-863/Energy CF-50 mains (bi-amped)/Energy CC-10 center/Energy CR-10 surrounds/paradigm dsp-3400 sub/Sony PS3

Just ordered a Panny 65" GT50 and replaced the Yamaha avr with a Pioneer svx-1122. What I've been looking at is replacing the Energy's with klipsch's (ya I know same make), some Paradigm monitors, a single or duel SVS subs, or wait a year or two to afford Paradigm studios. The system is pretty much used for everything....movies, cable, gaming, and music. Also will be playing a lot of Sirius through my AVR, and using a new WIDI laptop for music as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read and look forward to respondes

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't really set a budget but right now it wouldn't be to high. I would probably have to do it in pieces and would like it to be a noticeable improvment on what I currently have. I've always dreamed of having Paradigms so would love some of the studios, but that is way outta my range ATM. I'm thinking the best possible choice would be to just upgrade the sub for now to either an SVS Ultra, a PB12 plus, or 2 pb12 nsd's. I do live in small town Canada so my options are limited if that helps any.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Your better off going to a Paradigm dealer and give a listen to the Monitor series, the Studio series and the Signature series. Get yourself a max budget with a sub. Your just might like the Monitor series and with the money saved over the others get yourself a quality ID sub.

Jeff

·
Registered
634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucl3arboNg  /t/1420519/been-bitten-by-the-upgrade-bug#post_22224264

I am renting a small (1000 sqft) house.... Just ordered a Panny 65"

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
No point in buying now if your funds are limited, and your living situation temporary. I know it's easier said then done, but the wisest thing would be to setup a savings account just for an audio budget, and put something like $100 month in it until you do move. You would then know exactly what your speaker needs are after moving, and have around $3k in the bank.

·
Registered
11,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1  /t/1420519/been-bitten-by-the-upgrade-bug#post_22225179

No point in buying now if your funds are limited, and your living situation temporary. I know it's easier said then done, but the wisest thing would be to setup a savings account just for an audio budget, and put something like $100 month in it until you do move. You would then know exactly what your speaker needs are after moving, and have around $3k in the bank.

I was going to say the same thing. You also don't know the space in your next place, and room can influence speaker choice.

You have a decent speaker setup now, so it is not like you are slumming.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol ya great points think I just needed convincing cause the lil devil inside me is trying to make me spend
. I can't really get a good listen because I have no Paradigm dealers locally.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance  /t/1420519/been-bitten-by-the-upgrade-bug#post_22226974

A TV can never be too big.

Lol agreed......go big or go home! I will have like 10" between me and the tv so plenty of room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts