AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished project. Looks great so far!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Mudding has started. This mess is going to suck cleaning up to get ready for the floors.

I added a bull nose to the riser steps based on a recommendation from the flooring estimator. I ordered a sample of the cabinets we like for the bar, so I can pick a paint color and get started on the painting process (I hate painting). I've also order the last of the doors, so once the floor is in I'll have the doors ready to go.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
The basement is painted. I'm happy with the colors in the theater, but the colors for the rest of the basement, don't have much contrast. I'm hoping adding trim will help add to the contrast, but if not, we'll repaint the ceiling.

Monoprice has their 6 zone audio controller on sale(499 vs 690), so I bit the bullet and bought it ahead of schedule. I'll post up pictures of the unit in the rack when the floors are done and the rack is in place. It's heavy, so I don't want to mount it until the rack is in its final resting place.

Painting the speakers to match the ceiling.

Since the floors are going in on Monday, it was time to finish cutting the hole for the door to the bathroom.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
The doors are all in and I installed black out window film. I still plan to cover the window with an acoustic treatment because the film has a bit of a reflection. The film will really help mask the insulation from being seen outside. The bar cabinets should arrive Monday. Once they arrive, we can pick out the trim colors and start the baseboards and crown molding.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great build and progress, subbed! Love the color scheme! Just what the wife and I were planning! Curious as to the paint type/color and floor type/brand? Thanks in advance. Keep up the fantastic work! Jim

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Great build and progress, subbed! Love the color scheme! Just what the wife and I were planning! Curious as to the paint type/color and floor type/brand? Thanks in advance. Keep up the fantastic work! Jim
The color swatches actually have more contrast that doesn't get picked up very well in the photo or when the lights are on full bright. The paint is all Sherwin Williams super paint in their flat finish.
Ceiling: Dovetail
Wall: Gauntlet Grey
Theater Ceiling: Black Fox
Theater Wall: Porpoise
Floors: Armstrong Primitive Forest Luxury Vinyl Tile

Looking great!
I was thinking of expanding an existing 4 gang box to 5... but maybe I don't want to ;) What was the big issue you were having?
Just aligning all the switches. I don't think I did the best job getting the box in there completely perpendicular, so I needed spacers on some switches and not on others to bring them flush with the sheetrock. That combined with sliding the switches back and forth trying to line them up with the plate was annoying. If you can do a four gang, you shouldn't have an issue with a five.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I'm actually further along and have the crown molding in there now, but this shows the coffered ceiling above the pool table.

I think the soffit lighting turned out great.

I still have to caulk and clean up/paint the nail holes. I should have the baseboards done and door trim painted this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is looking fantastic! I might have to copy your color scheme to the T on my future build. It's exactly what I'm picturing for my project.

21 - 40 of 247 Posts