AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i buy a panasonic i was wondering if theres a difference and which one is the right one to buy between TC-P50C2 50, Viera TC-P50X1 50, and Viera TC-P50C1 Plasmas? i really dont know, also i found good prices on the web. i dont think its against rules to say where(B&H)...was wondering if anyone has bought from them? also if the warranty is worth it? theres a 3year and a 5year. i think thats about it. any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbusaman /forum/post/18267445

before i buy a panasonic i was wondering if theres a difference and which one is the right one to buy between TC-P50C2 50, Viera TC-P50X1 50, and Viera TC-P50C1 Plasmas? i really dont know, also i found good prices on the web. i dont think its against rules to say where(B&H)...was wondering if anyone has bought from them? also if the warranty is worth it? theres a 3year and a 5year. i think thats about it. any help would be great thanks

The C1 is an 09 bottom line model, the C2 is the replacement '10 bottom line model. Both have no antireflective screen treatment. The X1 is the '09 model that was a step up from the C series, has a decent antireflective screen treatment and is the one to buy if you can find one.

As for the advisability of the extended warranty you should keep in mind that the failure rate on these sets in the first few years is down around 3%. That being said the cost of the average repair is usually more than what you pay for the warranty. Panasonic covers them for the first year, and usually if a problem is going to develope it will be within that year. Typically these sets are selling for around 700 so many people just skip the wty, given the very low failure rate, and figure on buying a new set in the very unlikely event of it's failure. If the warranty is fairly cheap and you can't easily absorb the cost of a replacement tv it becomes a more viable option.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You might also look at the warehouse club model TC-PX14. I bought one recently and love it. The 50C2 has lower resolution than the 09 models. According to the Panasonic the 50C2 is 1024X768 vs 1366X768 in the 50X!. Maybe they were selling too many 720P sets and want there to be a greater difference between those and the 1080 sets?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.