AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluance front speakers or BCI Acoustech. I'll post links below to help in my decision.

Fluence:

(PAIR) Fluance AV-F3 HiFi Speakers

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/c...?pid=986&sc=32

BIC Acoustech (There are two of them im looking at for fronts)

(PAIR) Bic DV64 Tower Speakers http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/c...?pid=856&sc=32

BIC Acoustech Cinema Series HT-75
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/c...pid=1063&sc=32

The Fluance are a little cheaper, but I am not sure about their sound quality vs the BIC Acoustech Cinemas. The fronts I have now will be moved to the rear and later be put on speaker stands. And also I will be getting the appropriate center speaker for any of those above. Let me know what you guys think about those if you have experience in using the above. I dont have any place local to test them out.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have no experience with Fluance. However, I do have the BIC Acoustech speakers across the front. They do a tremendous job when it comes to home theater duty. Plus, they are not so bad for music, too. Personally, I like the Acoustech speakers better than the Klipsch Reference speakers that I had in my house before the Acoustechs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the local stereo store had the small black klipsch reference, and they seemed pretty good, but needed a little more to them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm really pleased with the bic america acoustech speakers (the ht-75) though they are mostly used simply for tv watching, they are extremely efficient and can output a ridiculous volume without breaking up. (and I have a hundred dollar sherwood stereo reciever driving them.)

I like them a lot for music as well, my tastes consisting primarily of newer rock/alternative rock. I find them to be pretty dynamic speakers. Bass extension isn't as good as my athena as-f2's but that could be due more to the recievers than the actual speakers. (though the f2's use larger woofers, so it makes sense that the bass would be a least a little fuller.) The fluance are supposed to be a very good speakers for the money, though I haven't heard them. I'd certainly suggest the acoustechs to anybody looking for a good, natural sounding effecient tower speaker. Likewise to anybody who enjoys the klipsch reference line.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read nothing but good reviews on the fluance and they are a lil cheaper. The look of them are pretty nice. But something tells me the BIC Acoustech will outperform the Fluance.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Those BIC DV64s probably won't have great midrange. Poly woofers have a lot of breakup modes and the tweeter is only 3/4" so it'll have to be crossed higher than a 1". In fact, the site says the crossover is at 3kHz which is what I figured. 2kHz - 3kHz probably won't sound too good on those. Of course, this still varies wildly depending on the specific driver, so it may not be too bad.

Hell, the Fluance is using a 1" tweeter and it's a 3-way... That Fluance should have had the 3/4" and the BIC the 1"! The Fluance has a metal tweeter, which I hate, and the BIC says a soft dome tweeter, which I much prefer.

I honestly can't say I'd go with either speaker, but if you don't mind metal tweeters, I'd probably go with the Fluance as it'll have better upper midrange, as long as they didn't screw up the crossovers. Hating metal tweeters, I MIGHT pic the BIC.

Edit: and as for the HT-75s, I'm not a big fan of horn tweeters.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, well with further looking, I read in this forum the JBL E-80 and EC-35 center are a great pair. I may go with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.