AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the Luxor Cinema Seating from Benchmark BeHome in the Kansas City area? I checked out their website at behome.com and their prices are great. You can order as a group or individually. I am interested in finding out anyone's impression of the quality and comfort of this group.

It seems that BeHome is a relatively new on-line/bricks and mortar furniture company. I found an article on-line that said their showroom and manufacturing facility is the largest in the world. If any forum members live nearby perhaps they could check them out.

Dave

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dgolombowski
Has anyone had any experience with the Luxor Cinema Seating from Benchmark BeHome in the Kansas City area? I checked out their website at behome.com and their prices are great. You can order as a group or individually. I am interested in finding out anyone's impression of the quality and comfort of this group.

It seems that BeHome is a relatively new on-line/bricks and mortar furniture company. I found an article on-line that said their showroom and manufacturing facility is the largest in the world. If any forum members live nearby perhaps they could check them out.

Dave
The only HT furniture that BenchMark carries that is what I would consider quality is the Berkline Series....then they sell them at retail. I live about 2 miles from them. They also carry there own line of HT furniture...which they said was made locally....(funny thing is it is IDENTICAL to Lane Furniture).

Very cheap material and construction, very shallow cupholders and flimsy reclining mechanisms.

You can do much better for $$$ and quality from what they have to offer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I too live in Kansas City, and have seen the Berkline Cinema chairs. As far as pricing I think you can get better deals elswhere. Try Jason at AVS, they can get the Berkline chairs for a good price. I got most of my living room furniture from Benchmart and it was not a pleasant experience.

Greg

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I bought a Berkline chair from them (090) and I did not pay retail. They did have to special order it though. I also bought a sofa from them some 20 years ago that my son still uses. I also bought a theater chair from the high end outfit in Florida who's name escapes me in the moment and while I thought the chair was well made, it was WAY overpriced (dual chair-not leather 3200).

If you want Berkline though, PM me as I have a good lead. I have not seen the line they carry on Cinema chairs though as when I bought mine about year ago Berkline was all that I saw them carry. I do think Berkline makes good chairs for the price. Let me know if you still want me to go by there though as it appears from the above comments that their own line is not good in cinema chairs.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
As a note, they have also added PremiereSeating to their line up. A step above Berkline in quality and pricing.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I finally got my seating this week. After doing a LOT of research, driving, sitting, checking back heights, etc, I finally settled on Lane.

They have a line very similar to the Berklines but look nicer (IMO), are more comfortable, don't have the problems with staying in an intermediate position, and are considerably less expensive. They are available in fabric, leather match, full leather, and half and half (leather where you touch, match on the sides and back).

They are available in single chair rocker/recliner as well as modular so you can build loveseats, couches, etc. Glad I waited. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Regarding the Lane furniture you purchased, can you provide the name or product line info? I've tried finding similar items on their website to no avail. Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
I couldn't find it from their web site either. I'm about 45 minutes away from the B&M store. I'll stop by when I find the time. I'll let you know what I find out.

bpape - Would you kindly PM me the deal detail? Thanks in advance.

Steffan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.