AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently painted my "screen" with Behr Silverscreen. Before this the screen was simply 3 coats of a matte white primer. After painting, I noticed that I am now getting crushed blacks.

The overall image does look better, but anything even close to black is black now.

Should I go back to white or should I get the DVE Basics Bluray and configure the image on the Silverscreen?

I found on a regular white background the whites were so bright it hurt my eyes. But I dont want all of my near blacks leaking together either.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I went from a somewhat dark Black Widow screen to a light grey screen with polycrylic. I definitely had to recalibrate my projector. I use DVE as well, and a few minutes of using that disc has made a world of difference. I doubt that, even after calibration, your whites will be as white as they were on your matte white "screen", but your picture overall should look better imho. If you've got lots of paint left and you're still unhappy with the picture, try blending your paint with behr satin polycrylic (3 parts paint, 1 part polycrylic). I didn't really do the before and after test, but the polycrylic is supposed to help with getting nice whites. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts