AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a buddy of mine bought a behringer ep2500 and he has mtx tp212 loudspeakers, now the behringer amp has the settings to Low Cut Filter 50 hz on both sides turned on, I was reading the manual and its so confusing. It has two settings for low cut filters, 50 hz and 30 hz. The speaker manual indicate this

SPECIFICATIONS- TP212

Diameter of Subwoofer (2) 12"

Type Full Range

Frequency Response 30Hz - 22kHz

Nominal Impedance 4 Ohm

Sensitivity (1w-1m) 92 dB

what should i set the low cut filters too? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Why not keep the low cut filter off?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, yea, I turned it off and the sound is more clear and louder, It was set as default so i thought we had to have it on.. ughh sorry, I'm a newb.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
It happens to the best of us.

I used mine to power a set of bookshelf speakers until I had my subs built so I had my low cut set at 30hz. Well it had been so long since I used it I forgot about it. When I finally got one of my subs done, I went to test it out and had no low bass. I was pissed! Finally I started doing some sweeps and noticed my cone movement was decreasing down below the mid 20's. That's when I started checking my switches and felt retarded.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hello Guys,

I want to revive this thread for another question about Mode Switch settings on a 2500. I haven't connected mine yet but will be running two cylinder subs off it. I plan to run them off the left and right channels, so the bridged mode will be off. Should switches 4 & 5 be set to parallel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts