AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this around 1 year back but only had a chance to start using it from last week. Watched three movies and worked perfectly and was very pleased with bass. Today, it won't turn on, orange rings around volumes become red with in few seconds and no sound at all. Some times, it stays orange, but no sound from left side unless I increase the volume to max - at which point I hear some totally distorted cracking noise. If I connect right channel, I can hear sound for few seconds and units shuts off and rings turn red. Already contacted the reseller and they agreed to repair it.
But I am not pleased at all with its reliability. It worked only for around 6 hours in total. Even crap from China works better than that. My question is, are there alternatives to this amp with similar price range? Or is there a way to get the schematics of this amp so if something goes wrong again after my warranty period, I can repair it by my self?

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,403 Posts
yes, I can claim the warranty but not very sure about its reliability.
Many people use these amps. I'm sure it'll be fine. I've had 2 Behringer EP4000's running in my room for 8 hours a day for the last 9 years. Still going strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts