AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am trying to connect my iNuke DPS amp to two 400W subs via an 7.2 A/V receiver (Onkyo)

The A/V has 2 RCA sub outputs (same signal)

The amp input is XLR and/or 1/4 TSR - this connection is pretty clear the only questions
* do I connect each sub to a channel (this amp has 2 channels)
* there is no ground on RCA do connect the - I assume I need to bridge the XLR(-) to XLR (ground)

Then the amp output connector is a speakon 4 pole per channel, what's the proper way to connect a sub to that via 2 wire audio cable ?

The manual diagram is attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,879 Posts
theqmaster said:
... I am trying to connect my iNuke DPS amp to two 400W subs ... The A/V has 2 RCA sub outputs ...

The amp input is XLR and/or 1/4 TSR - this connection is pretty clear the only questions
* do I connect each sub to a channel (this amp has 2 channels)
* there is no ground on RCA do connect the - I assume I need to bridge the XLR(-) to XLR (ground)
I use two of these Monoprice cables to connect my Denon AVR to my iNuke 6000DSP. No bridging to ground required.

... Then the amp output connector is a speakon 4 pole per channel, what's the proper way to connect a sub to that via 2 wire audio cable ? ...
Connect the positive wire to 1+ and the negative wire to 1-.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry, I can't help you there - I did a pair of speakon-to-speakon cables and connected directly from iNuke to subs.
Not a problem. How about the setup the speakers I have two identical 12" with these specs

1,500-Watt (max)
RMS: 400 watts
Single 4ohm Voice Coil
Frequency Response: 20-125 Hz

I am assuming is very easy to set the LP/HP filters on these units, any tips would help.

Thanks for the tips on mono price, they seem to have better prices than Amazon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Alright here is an update.

After setting up my cleanbox pro, the subs gain few lives. It was exciting to listen, well my wife complained that the whole house is moving ;-)

I am still trying to figure out the setup, I think I got it but I'd be more than happy if you'd look over my setup and maybe give me a hint on how to best set the subs/amp up. My main question is how do I setup the gain and L/HPFE properly.

My setup, I noticed I didn't have a load set. if I run them as brigde and each sub is 4ohm do set it as load being 8ohm and set the limiter to a bit above the nominal Wattage ?

The subs are at 20 feet apart. Should I put a delay in ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts