AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 14" BEKO CRT TV that I got with the intention of playing my old consoles on it, but anything with RGB signal is shifted way off to the left. Normally I use Menu and either 9 3 0 1 or 8 5 0 0 to access the service menu, but none of those codes seem to work on this set. Is there even a way for me to find out what chassis it is or a way to access the menu if it happens to be 14.1 or 14.2?

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this but I don't know where else to ask and I can't find any info anywhere. I was hoping there'd just be an app for Android for phones with an IR beam that I could use, I don't even think I can even source the service remote if I need one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to solve the issue. For anyone with a similar old set that needs to access the service menu, I used a spare Galaxy S5 since it has an IR blaster. I downloaded an app named irplus that allows assigning specific code to a button and used a program named pronto to convert "RC5 0 29" (the command for service in/out) at 39kHz to hex. Once I sent the command, the menu popped up and I could use the normal remote to make adjustments, then just sent the command with the app again to close the service menu.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts