AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to get any help from Bel Canto or even a response, so I thought I'd give you guys a try.

I have an EVO6 gen II amp that has now twice completely shut off for several hours. A friend wondered if it could be related to the 12V trigger that I don't have hooked up. It doesn't go into standby as has only happened twice during the same movie. but completely shuts down as if I've unplugged it. I have an EVO 4 driving my subs with no issue as well. My speakers are B&W 605's LCR600

and 602's. All pretty easy to drive.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

·
Registered
14,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNW /forum/post/15464370

Can't seem to get any help from Bel Canto or even a response, so I thought I'd give you guys a try.

I have an EVO6 gen II amp that has now twice completely shut off for several hours. A friend wondered if it could be related to the 12V trigger that I don't have hooked up. It doesn't go into standby as has only happened twice during the same movie. but completely shuts down as if I've unplugged it. I have an EVO 4 driving my subs with no issue as well. My speakers are B&W 605's LCR600

and 602's. All pretty easy to drive.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

BNW,

I have had several Bel Canto components (still have a PRe3) and the few times I called BC I got right through. I spoke several times with the founder of BC, John Stronzer. He was very helpful and in no way was in a rush to get me off the phone. I have heard that sometimes BC is slow in responding to e-mails but have never heard of issues with direct phone calls.

Bill

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have to say, John was really good when I got to speak to him, but I called the cust serv # and got the option of only Matt. His voice mailbox has been full for a week now, so no way to leave a message. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to Xmas week. Maybe they were closed and backed up. Guess I'll just be patient unless someone else can help me out. Looking for a PrePro to finish off my rack and replace my Emotiva DMC-1 btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts