AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long time in the making, with many different iterations. I will keep this post as my most recent build out and reserve the subsequent posts for the journey that got me to where I am. I've taken my sweet time creating a build thread, so be patient as I go back through all my pictures and post everything as chronologically as possible!

Projector:

JVC x5

Screen:

133" Severtson Cinema White MicroPerf 2.35

Rack:

Lexicon MC10
Panasonic DMP-UB820
Xbox One
Xbox 360
DirecTv DVR
Sonos Connect
MiniDSP Open DRC-AN
APC power conditioning
Dsonic 7 Channel for mains/surrounds
Outlaw 7 Channel for Atmos
Speakerpower Sp2-8000
Crest 7.5 for nearfields
Sherbourn zone 2 amp

Speakers

Mains: JBL Synthesis 4367's
Surround/Atmos: DIY custom Radian 5210 Coaxial
Main Subs: ZOD Audio Designed Skhorn, 4x21" NSW ported
Nearfield Sub: 2x Stereo Integrity HST-18's

Seating

Seatcraft Madera

Room

Room is 12x29 with a small "bar" area to the right side of the front row where the minifridge, equipment rack, and BD case is all found. The reason I call it a bunker is this is located in the basement of my house, which is surrounded on all 4 walls by cinderblock and brick. The left side wall and rear wall are completely underground, so I have virtually zero sound loss to outside the house. You can be at ear bleeding levels and not hear a thing outside. It's been great for my relationship with the surrounding neighbors :D Not a single complaint, ever!

Previous Build Threads:
2 tempests in f-20's
How easy to source parts and build a quick llt?
"The Shadow of the Beast"...Adventures in...
AE TD12x SEOS12 Build!!!!
The Corinthians
Budget Eminence Coaxial surround build!!!
The Undertaker- Two Nearfield SI HST-18's

I will update with pics here:

And the upstairs setup just for fun. Those are Popalock's 24's not mine unfortunately :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Humble beginnings

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be getting to picks as I dig them up from an old laptop that is going the trash, as well as mac book I have for sale in the classy's. Really trying to consolidate before I get some stuff up so I can do it right, the first time around.... :D

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Just making a thread. I have had too many folks asking me why I don't, and my answer always is, "I just haven't gotten around to it..." haha. Well, I need to get around to it, show the humble beginnings all the way to what it is now. Hard to believe the journey now spans over 4+ years, and all that has gone down in the time frame. I'll be posting pics as they get compiled and I clear other crap out of my dropbox that is full atm.
Please...allow me to assist in starting this thread off proper...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well Damn! That's one big a$$ speaker!! I am so going to enjoy this thread! :)

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please...allow me to assist in starting this thread off proper...
Yes it wouldn't be appropriate without that awesome, I mean terrible pic. Good lookin' out ;D

This thread is going on 2 months old and still no pics, except that blurry, sultry pic above....:eek:

I'm not kidding when I say I've been waiting for a stormy evening to sit on the couch and upload pics and whatnot, but since I created this thread, we literally have not had rain a single evening, and I've been out of town or super busy most weekends. The time is coming. NO worries :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great Job Beast!
You note 8 x 18's in your list were all are they hiding, I think I saw 4 in the back (cabinets anyway) and 2 up front.....
How do you like your DIY surrounds?

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great Job Beast!
You note 8 x 18's in your list were all are they hiding, I think I saw 4 in the back (cabinets anyway) and 2 up front.....
How do you like your DIY surrounds?
The boxes above and below each Danley horn each house two, dual opposed ht18's in them for a total of 8 behind the screen. Behind the front couch is the undertaker box with the two HST-18's in them for nearfield goodness :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The boxes above and below each Danley horn each house two, dual opposed ht18's in them for a total of 8 behind the screen. Behind the front couch is the undertaker box with the two HST-18's in them for nearfield goodness :D
NICE!!! those horns are huge
Undertaker box LOL I would need a casket as my wife would kill me with that many subs :(

·
Premium Member
14,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NICE!!! those horns are huge
Undertaker box LOL I would need a casket as my wife would kill me with that many subs :(
The undertaker is appropriate with those things running full stroke behind you. It feels like you are about to fall off the chair. It's incredible :D :D

1 - 20 of 266 Posts