Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just flipped the swich in New York. Finall in HD here

Reactions: korsjs

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Both the NBC feed off of satellite GE1 and HDNet look horribly out of focus. What the hell is going on here?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
OK looks alright now...man some of the wide angle shots of the track looked horrible about 10 minutes ago but all is well now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tried called WRC here is Washington DC, but can't get thru to a live person. They will be hearing from me Monday, that's for sure.

- John Connor

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
In NYC, NBC switched the fiber link to Time Warner Cable over to HDTV a little late. But 1080i fidelity seemed excellent. A fair amount of muggy heat waves visible. Some of the 'fuzzy' shots, I assumed, were simply standard-resolution cameras. For NBC/HDNet's first triple-crown race earlier, they made a clear distinction with on-screen labeling about what were standard camera shots. -- John

·
Registered
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by asterix2112
Tried called WRC here is Washington DC, but can't get thru to a live person.
Next time try electronic maintenance at 202-885-4011. If necessary, leave a voice mail. I actually got a call back, I talked to the technician, and the switch was flipped at about 6:05 just before the race began.

You may also want to give some feedback to WRC's chief engineer, Chuck Lindner, at .

Gerald C

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, I found that number and called them, got a lady who flipped the switch while I was on the phone. Pretty pathetic that we have to call the station to get them to show HDTV!

- John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.