AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite Mark Cuban saying the show was a huge success, it has bombed spectacularly. ABC just announced that they cut the show down from 8 episodes to just a measly 6 and there will not be a Benefactor 2. Biggest bomb of the current TV year so far.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i'm curious- there is a lot of garbage on TV i don't like, but i take no personal interest in it- i just change the channel. frankly, if i had to have a take, i'd be glad it is on, since that means people who are different from me are wasting their money on that and not, say, contributions to right-wing 527s i disagree with.

mark cuban tried to do a show, and it may well be true that, in terms of numbers, the show will fail. but i would not bother telling anyone about this, nor would i want to ridicule him for it, unless it really got my gut. being "bad" wouldn't be enough, unless ABC specifically canceled a program i liked to run it.

so, please remind me why you take this so personally? do you find cuban a gross self-aggrandizer? there is an expression in sports, "player hater", and it can give many of us pause if we are open to constructive criticism.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Yeah, oh well. I still watch it. In the final he will be going to their houses and one of them actually has a plasma lol, and he said "nice tv" I bet they probably didn't even have HD Programming though...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I enjoy ripping The Benefactor after Mark Cuban himself ripped anyone that said his show wasn't (1) good and (2) a success. It was successful at one thing: failing. It also was one of the worst shows ever conceived. I have no problem with Cuban, I do have a problem with self-promoters lying about their product (he claimed Benefactor was the #1 show for people ages 19-25 on ABC...or something like that, when in fact Lost was). He can't face facts. His show stinks. From planning to execution, it was dreadful. It makes you wonder if he got his money by being lucky instead of smart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.