AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What benefits were you seeing with the projector plugged into the PS 600? I currently am using two Alan Maher balanced power conditioners. But, if I can eek out little better sharpenss, less background noise and create more 3-d (HD) picture. I'd buy one to plug the Cinema 13HD LCD proj. and PD-1100 DVD PC player into it.

THoughts/feedback?

Thanks

Ron

PS: What would be fair market value for a used one with the multiwave?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Does my virtual breath smell? I thought it was appropriate to start another thread since my questions were ignored in the previous PS Audio 600/projector thread. I tried a search without success.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Ron

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone? Steve B., you are using a PS 600 with your projector. What are your thoughts? Would it also benefit my PD-1100? What would the differences be between that and the balanced power unit?

Anyone's feedback would be appreciated..

Ron

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

The PS600 might be of benefit if you had especially noisey ac power into your home, or something like brownouts. If you have good solid power from the wall already, then a power regenerating system has no problems to solve, does it? Also, the 600 might not output enough amps to drive more than your projector, if that; you might need two or three, if there is a problem to begin with.

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
Tim is an expert engineer tech who believes the Electrohome 9" CRTs that he builds are fine as is without better cabling, power cords, etc. - but he hasn't tried them, either. I have. The P600 gives a more three dimensional, detailed better contrast picture. And SGHT's John Gannon verified this back in Nov. 2000 when he initially setup my then brand new Dwin HD-700 CRT projector, that subjectively the picture clearly looked better as I have described. I use PS2 square wave, looks even better than 60 Hz Sinewave.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sensed there was some background to TIm's response. I also realize that power product's benefits due vary from set up to set up....but I wanted a general sense of it's benefits on a projector.

Thanks

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.