AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first projector and it seems really good out of the box. Is there anyone who has had professional calibration that would be willing to share what settings they have?

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
You may be better off asking over in the owner's thread for your model.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
This is my first projector and it seems really good out of the box. Is there anyone who has had professional calibration that would be willing to share what settings they have?
To be honest, just like tv's, you never really want to use someone else's calibration settings. Every projector is slightly different. What's good for one , might not be good for another.

Even if the settings were perfect for your projector, people pay decent money to have some one calibrate their tech and calibrators spend a lot of time & money bdoing what they do. Really isn't fair to just ask for free settings.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm interesting, makes sense regarding the each an own and different device, however I would have zero problem sharing calibration if I decide to do this for my pj.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
As others have said someone else's calibration is almost useless as the variance between projectors, screens and room environment will make a big difference. Get a Disney WOW disc or down load the AVS709 disc and at least calibrate the black/white level. I would find it rare for someone to pay $400+ for a professional calibrator for a $700 projector even if they would be willing to share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not fair? (from below) YAWN...geez. Some people.

Found these from HomeTheaterHiFi review: (link to full review is below that too). I just picked up this same unit and totally happy with these settings even IF it may not be PRECISELY the same as the review unit. Hope this helps even if 5 months too late :)

"Here are the settings I used for the review:

Mode Cinema
Brightness 50
Contrast 49
Gamma 2.2
Brilliant Color off
Color Temp
Rgain 98
Ggain 96
Bgain 102
Roffset 254
Goffset 256
Boffset 256
CMS Hue Sat Gain
Red 184 200 222
Grn 200 200 200
Blu 200 200 200
Cya 200 200 200
Mag 268 200 218
Yel 200 200 202
I also recommend setting the bulb to SmartEco for best contrast.
Enjoy!
-Chris-"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not fair? (from below) YAWN...geez. Some people.

Found these from HomeTheaterHiFi review: (link to full review is below that too). I just picked up this same unit and totally happy with these settings even IF it may not be PRECISELY the same as the review unit. Hope this helps even if 5 months too late :)

"Here are the settings I used for the review:

Mode Cinema
Brightness 50
Contrast 49
Gamma 2.2
Brilliant Color off
Color Temp
Rgain 98
Ggain 96
Bgain 102
Roffset 254
Goffset 256
Boffset 256
CMS Hue Sat Gain
Red 184 200 222
Grn 200 200 200
Blu 200 200 200
Cya 200 200 200
Mag 268 200 218
Yel 200 200 202
I also recommend setting the bulb to SmartEco for best contrast.
Enjoy!
-Chris-"

Just saw this now - been MIA for some time here, just wanted to say thanks! Even if not ‘fair’... ha. I mean geeze it was just a question. Hope nobody was offended or harmed by asking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet! I was HOPING this would find you at some point! Happy to help any time...loving my projector and ready for warmer weather for outside movies and sports.

Happy 2021!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts