AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my luck has run out. I just bought a DVD and went to throw it on, I noticed some severe ghosting on the menu. I took down the component cable run because I thought it might be some power interferance. No dice.

Went to throw the projector back on, now everything is in pink with barely anything legible at all.

Tried different component cables to DVD player - same thing

Tried hooking straight to comp via VGA - same thing

Tried different component cables to Xbox - same thing

S-video works fine however.

Very bizarre, I've barely touched the service menu other than adjusting contrast/brightness and I'm 158 hours into the projector.

Guess I'll find out how good BenQ's warranty is. Anyone else experience problems like this? Out of nowhere.. bam!

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's odd becuase I had a very similar issue once. A hard power off (after soft off and cool down) resolved this issue and it has not occured again.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think to try a hard power off, too flustered :p Thanks for the tip though Teluan, seems to have done the trick.

Mental note to other 6100 owners, beware of the pink screen of death. Don't panic, soft power down and hard off.

How many hours on the 6100 teluan? Have you seen this happen again? Thank god it's a 3 year warranty..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any repeat occurrances guys? I wondering if this is something that should probably be checked out before the warranty runs out..

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The only time that my inputs got screwed up was when I went into the service menu's and screwed it up myself. A hard power cycle fixed my problems as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.