AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An on-line retailer in Canada just dropped the price of the BenQ7700 to under $1,500 (CAN). I've never had a chance to view this PJ live and I know that it's been around a very long time with no upgrades (other than firmware to fix the bulb issue). Given that the Mits 1000 is a new kid on the block, how do you feel the BenQ would do head-to-head with it at almost the same price-point?

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
The 7700 had a lot of bulb failure problems, and I don't know if it's ever been fixed. I just received my HD1000 2 days ago and I love it. The Benq has zero offset, which is great if you have a low ceiling. But I'd go with the HD1000. The Benq is about 2 years old I believe.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithfromCanada /forum/post/0

An on-line retailer in Canada just dropped the price of the BenQ7700 to under $1,500 (CAN). I've never had a chance to view this PJ live and I know that it's been around a very long time with no upgrades (other than firmware to fix the bulb issue). Given that the Mits 1000 is a new kid on the block, how do you feel the BenQ would do head-to-head with it at almost the same price-point?

I own the PE7700 and yes it had a bulb problem but it's been long gone and Benq stood behind their projector (good companies do)..... Now with that said if I was replacing my PJ the Mits would high on my list it's equal to or better in picture quality, both have the same chip,same contrast ect.......... but the Mits is brighter so that alone would be an advantage to bring the house lights up a bit and retain the same bright picture quality. More room light helps in HD sport chanels ect...........it's nice to have more light on during football party with lots of people in the room.

The PE7700 0 offset is nice if you have low ceilings, and if this is the case in your room.... I noticed the new Sharp DT500 looks to have an 8% as well and is in the same price range of the 7700 hear in the States.

I know I beat this horse before but what I feel the need to do so again "what in the He_l were these companies thinking making 30 and 35% offsets ON A HOME THEATER PROJECTOR. I understand high offset in the business pj world, I have given more than my share of board room presentation with a portable pj but hay common guys(projector company) a HT projector, its bad enough DLP handicaps itself with short zooms, no lens shift, but to add 30% offset to the equation is just plain stupid "rant over".

I threw the Sharp in the mix because it shows someone was thinking when it came to offset for the Home Theater people, I like smart people...........but it's a moot point if it's a budget buster in Canada, I've noticed prices up north are somewhat higher

Good luck
and thanks for listening

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Another 7700 owner here. The bulb problem HAS been corrected as alot of us are piling on the hours with the new bulbs and firmware. Great projector. Only way to find out what you like better is to do a head to head demo") People like to say this projector is better, etc, etc. but until you have them side by side in your room....... thats the way to go if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.