AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually use the DVI input from my DVD player (Denon 2910) but I'm trying to use component to access some other features. The problem is, the projector will not sync with component. I tried a cheap DVD player and it works fine. So far, the denon, zenith 318, and bravo d2 will not sync (quick flash of image every few seconds, split in two and distorted, then blank screen, then flash...etc) with component input. Just the cheapie works.

I thought it might be the cables but I used the same cables when connected to the cheap player.

Is it the projector or the DVI/component players?

Jeff

·
Registered
853 Posts
try to only use the component out of the denon without the dvi connected. i had this issue before from my voom box with the dvi and component connected at the same time.

muncey

·
Registered
879 Posts
Could this have anything to do with the component inputs not supporting progressive mode from the DVD player?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Now that you mention this I can turn off progressive output from the Denon, which may help. If that does not work I'll disconnect the dvi cable.

thanks again.

Jeff

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. Turning off progressive output on the player worked.

So, based on that, can I assume none of the benQ 8700's accept progressive component input? That would be weird. My cousin recently bought a Benq ?????? XGA projector ($1100 NEW) which has a ZENITH 318 upconverting 720P player connected to it. No problems with the progressive input on that. Why not the 8700?

Don't get me wrong, I really like this projector, and DVI is my #1 input, I was simply wondering what my limitations are.

Jeff

·
Registered
879 Posts
The bnc input accepts progressive mode. You have to get the rca to bnc connectors (got mine at radio shack).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Jeff,

You might want to check in the BenQ box for the accessories. They've been supplying the RCA~BNC connectors, so you shouldn't have to go anywhere else for them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got mine in July and I didn't get any. I went and bought them at RS too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.