AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a BenQ 8700+ that has about 500hrs light time along with a DA LITE black matted bright screen 100" that I'm thinking of selling. How much do you think is a fair price to ask for it? I bought it a while back when it was about 4 grand, so I'm not at all sure what these things go for now-a-days.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
935 Posts
Not much unfortunately. The 8700+ is an excellent projector but it is 4 years old. There's been a refurbished one selling on ebay with an extra lamp and a free screen. It hasn't sold in a month for $885. Personally, I think it's probably worth about $400 to $500, but the market for that projector is small. If you're still using it, I'd keep it. It's a fine projector and you'd be hard pressed to get a better 720p projector today. Of course, if you feel the need to upgrade to 1080p, you probably ought to put it on ebay with a reserve of somewhere around $300, if you're willing to let it go that cheaply.

Jim

·
Registered
659 Posts
I did a quick Google and a replacement bulb itself is around $3-400. Maybe see if you can get some bites at $5-600? If none, I would probably just keep the PJ at this point or donate it to family/friend/charity.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I just bought a Sharp DT-400 with a zero hours bulb for $330, these are both HD2+ .08 chips. $350 might get it moved. You could donate it and get the full value wright off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts