AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully connected the HDMI output of the 59 to the 8700 sending it a 720P signal?

I have this set up now using component cables but would like to take advantage of the HDMI output.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i bought a dv59 yesterday and will receive my dvi to hdmi cable today. i will try it tonight and will post my findings. keep in mind that in a french forum they found that the european version of the dv59 would not work with the benq 8700. think i may be a hdcp problem. i hope the dv59 will work cause i really like it. i'll find out tonight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
just got home and hook them up. hdmi from dv59 to dvi on 8700 works fine. what a relief. i was afraid it would not work after what i read. in addition another forum member is having with this dvd player and his pj through hdmi. fyi, i am using a gefen 4 to 1 dvi switcher and a gefen dvi to hdmi cable. i haven't had the chance to tweek the pq yet but will try to do it tonight. will keep you posted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lokki

I looks like you have a similar set up to mine. I am using a Vutec Silverstar screen, what are you using?

I watched my first couple of movies last night using component video and was amazed at the picture quality, can't wait to get my 30 foot DVI cable this week and see waht this set up can really do.

I also have the Gefen 4 X 1 but have not hooked it up yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i am using a dalite hcmw screen. i used to have bravo d1 via dvi and the pq was great. i won't be able to watch any movies until friday since i just sold my receiver and won't get my outlaw seperates till friday. i expect the dv59 will have better pq. the gefen works great but i found that my sony hd200 and benq remote switches the inputs on it. i guess some of the buttons on those remotes have the same codes as the remote for the gefen. so i have to block the ir on the switch. but that is not a big deal as long as it allows me to hookup mulitple dvi devices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.