Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
someone in Hong Kong already got this unit

but he said its DVI input only support up to 1024 x 768

==========================

Just get the Benq 37" 1080i LCD TV.

Perfect screen with no dead or bright pixel.

The picture is great with good contrast.

Black is very black.

Very good TV picture.

1080i input via HDMI to DVI through my 9000s look great especially on computer graphic movie like Shrek, but can see background noise in 5th Element SB edition. The 480p through my Q50 is also acceptable.

One major drawback, PC input according to the manual support up to 1024*768 only , although I can use higher resolution, it seems that the internal converter will bring it down to 768 only. With 1920*1080 native resolution input, the display flickers. So it is rather disappointed to those using HTPC to play WMV 1080 source.

Overall, it is a good value product, with some drawbacks such as PC connection and no HDMI input.

So who can say cheap product is not good.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I highly doubt it's true. These panels aren't out in Taiwan yet, so I'm quite sure nobody in HK has one either.

I smell BS.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I sent an e-mail to BenQ, hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

Perhaps he means over VGA you can't get 1080p. I think most won't care at all then as long as it's available via DVI and component.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb
I highly doubt it's true. These panels aren't out in Taiwan yet, so I'm quite sure nobody in HK has one either.

I smell BS.

No. It hink its true. The first shipment of DV3750 in HK is really 12 Aug.

I've ordered one and it is scheduled to be arrived next Wed.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
is he referring to the vga input or the DVi input?

Also, if this is true, why would you order one? A flaw like this would make the panel worthless to almost everyone interested in the panel. I don't think BenQ is that stupid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have ordered it few days ago before that user talked about this problem

I do agree with you that I don't think BenQ is that stupid to make a 1080P panel w/o support to 1920 x 1080 DVI input.

Let's wait and see when I get my unit few days later!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
First reports from here in Taiwan aren't promising. No 1080p support from any input. What a sick joke. Hopefully people aren't suckered into buying this panel. Hopefully you can return your unit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb

I smell BS.
its available in HK, I just visited a shop today and the salesperson who told me the current shipment has sold out, inc the demo unit that they have.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Yes, they are available at numerous places here in Taiwan with from stock coming in daily, and everyone has confirmed they have no true 1080p support from any input. Pretty sad. Without 1080p, you're better off getting a plasma IMO unless you have extreme lighting conditions..

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb
..and everyone has confirmed they have no true 1080p support from any input...

well, the Westinghouse panel is looking better and better isn't it ?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
well good thing I bought the westy as my PC monitor and didn't bother waiting for the benq

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
yes, the Westy probably does make a nice PC monitor, but like I've seen Doc mention before it's not really suitable for TV or movies. I always use a notebook myself, so having a big PC monitor isn't my first priority. When really nice 1080p LCD comes I'll get one for HTPC though. The Westy is only the beginning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have sent an email to Benq Taiwan on this issue

but there is no response so far!

But the specification listed in Benq US website still saying that it support 1080P!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I called BenQ technical support two days back. I tried my best and eventually reached a BenQ engineer, who is in Shanghai, China.

He confirmed that the panel has a native resoltuion of 1920x1080 but supports only 1024x768 to signal from PC. This is a kind of HDCP issue though I am still puzzled.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.