AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people ordered it and canceled waiting for it, but the B&M stores here in Taiwan are getting it in September. It shouldn't be too much longer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was notified by Crutchfield that they expected this unit late this month. But that it would be coming without any tuner. Just a straight monitor.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yawn....

I'll believe it when I see it. Crutchfield actually said I would have it by April 1 -- that was what? 4 1/2 months ago.

Been enjoying the less expensive more versatile Westinghouse for most of that time.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think our model for here in Taiwan will have a NTSC tuner, but it will not support 1080p over component. Maybe not enough bandwidth, I am not sure. I'd bet it will over DVI, but I'm not sure at this point. The 32" version is very nice with independent color controls and noise filtering that does wonders for our crappy cable here in Taiwan. The only LCD I've seen that was better IMO was a Philips, but it's 1K more here and not that much better. I may be able to get a 40% discount on flat panels, so I haven't made up my mind what to get yet. I am considering the coming Pio 436, the BenQ 32/37", or a 42" Philips PF9966 plasma.

http://www.benq.com.tw/asp/front/Ben...Menu=&RootId=0

The US model won't have a tuner according to BenQ's site and all other sites I've seen.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Does this unit even support 1080p direct input?

BenQ specs dont seem to say it:

HDTV數位電視相容性 480p,720p, 1080i

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb
The US model won't have a tuner according to BenQ's site and all other sites I've seen.
BenQ Canada's website is still listing this TV as having a tuner. I'm still waiting on the BenQ because the Westinghouse 37" is not available in my area.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My 5 month old order is still active and so I guess I'll be getting it afterall. I had hoped to select some other brand during those long months but I never did so I guess there will be a BenQ in the house. Will post a report on how well it functions as soon as I get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.