AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on one of these projectors.
If I don't "need" the short throw in terms of room setup, is there any other difference between the projectors I should be thinking of?
Right now, it's just a $10 difference on Amazon, and I'm thinking the flexibility of the short throw might be good for the future...unless there's an advantage to the HT1075 I'm not thinking of or seeing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
About to pull the trigger on one of these projectors.
If I don't "need" the short throw in terms of room setup, is there any other difference between the projectors I should be thinking of?
Right now, it's just a $10 difference on Amazon, and I'm thinking the flexibility of the short throw might be good for the future...unless there's an advantage to the HT1075 I'm not thinking of or seeing.

Thanks.
The HT1075 has a little bit of vertical lens shift but the 1085ST has none. If you need a little vertical lens shift, the 1075 would be the better choice. Really depends on your room/environment and if you need a short throw projector. A lot of people don't like to have the projector (clearly) visible in front of them so short throw isn't a good choice in that case.

Other than the lens/lens shift, there really isn't a difference between the HT1075 and 1085ST. Just pick the one that works best for your room. The performance between the two will be essentially the same. You should be pretty happy with whichever one you choose :).

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
It is ALWAYS better to get a longer throw projector if possible.

So, if you don't need the short throw of the 1085, then get the 1075. If you don't need MHL of the 1075, then get the W1070. There is no reason to spend 100 bucks more, or even 10 bucks more on the W1075 over the W1070.

Either way, the longer throw is the way to go.

WHY?

Because short throw projectors fire their image at an extreme angle. This hurts image uniformity and can impact image sharpness. It requires a VERY flat screen. No cheap roll up screens with the 1080/10805 models. You need a good flat surface no matter what. It also must be positioned very accurately in relation to the screen since you don't have any lens shift adjustments to correct for small height corrections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts