AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know the meanings of these error codes, but I'm assuming it's the Fan for the lamp? it registers as zero beside it but seems to be working? If I disable the error code reporting in menu the bulb hits 280 +/- but runs all day no issues. I want to order all new fans for this model. I just can't seem to find a place that sells parts for this PJ. Bulbs no problem, but the fans I'm having a hard time finding, do you have to pull the fans out, look up their product code and order say off of ebay? I would like factory fans if i could, as i've had this for 3 years and this is my first issue ever. Is there a sheet or service book that translates the definitions of the service menus.? cheat sheet?

Any advice help would be appreciated :)

Dave

·
Registered
454 Posts
It is hard to come by service manuals for projectors. There is nothing in the projector's manual, at the troubleshooting section?
You can try calling Benq for parts, but I personally get what I need from Aliexpress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is hard to come by service manuals for projectors. There is nothing in the projector's manual, at the troubleshooting section?
You can try calling Benq for parts, but I personally get what I need from Aliexpress.
Thanks for the reply, there was no info in the manual. I took the effort to tear it apart, and turns out exploding glass from bulb jammed up the bulb fan. Cleaned it up, put it back together and error code went away, but now i have a million spot all over the blank screen. I think the bulb shattered glass dust all over something, the color wheel maybe? I'm 6 months out of warranty and this thing is supposed to warn you or something before catastrophic bulb failure. I think i had 3500 hrs on it in 3 years. Anyhow gonna tear it apart again, can't watch it the way it is, so to be scrap or not, will soon decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Most likely, it won't be an easy clean job.
Usually, what shows on the screen(wall) in a DMP projector, the dust/shards are on the DMD chip, or mirror, which are all inside the light engine. Most likely all that has to be taken apart and cleaned. You are comfortable doing that? DMD chip needs new thermal paste as well(It is like a CPU in a PC).
I would ask FixitFrank on Youtube. I believe, his daily job is repairing projectors. You should ask him, how much would charge for this cleaning job. Maybe, he would even make a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcbkZ4CejeFK9VksnInXb0w

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Thanks for the reply, there was no info in the manual. I took the effort to tear it apart, and turns out exploding glass from bulb jammed up the bulb fan. Cleaned it up, put it back together and error code went away, but now i have a million spot all over the blank screen. I think the bulb shattered glass dust all over something, the color wheel maybe? I'm 6 months out of warranty and this thing is supposed to warn you or something before catastrophic bulb failure. I think i had 3500 hrs on it in 3 years. Anyhow gonna tear it apart again, can't watch it the way it is, so to be scrap or not, will soon decide.
Benq has a service for cleaning projectors, even out of warranty, with a low cost.

You can do it yourself. Look at YT videos at cleaning Benqs, they are similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Benq has a service for cleaning projectors, even out of warranty, with a low cost.

You can do it yourself. Look at YT videos at cleaning Benqs, they are similar.
It may be better to send it off to Benq, but will see what they say when they have the time to respond. Either way, thanks for the info, if they don't help then I'll try cleaning it and if that fails, i'll send it to the for a repair. I watched a few videos and they are similiar. It's my first ever projector and at the time of buying to a week ago I loved it, but never thought the bulb would explode like this, If the bulb just burnt out i wouldn't even be here right now. I would have just swapped the bulb, cleaned some dust off the fans and family would be happy :( Life gives ya lemons sometimes time to make lemonade. I'll keep ya posted on what BenQ suggests.

D.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
It may be better to send it off to Benq, but will see what they say when they have the time to respond. Either way, thanks for the info, if they don't help then I'll try cleaning it and if that fails, i'll send it to the for a repair. I watched a few videos and they are similiar. It's my first ever projector and at the time of buying to a week ago I loved it, but never thought the bulb would explode like this, If the bulb just burnt out i wouldn't even be here right now. I would have just swapped the bulb, cleaned some dust off the fans and family would be happy :( Life gives ya lemons sometimes time to make lemonade. I'll keep ya posted on what BenQ suggests.

D.
I also have the W2000 (non US name of the HT3050) and the bulb also exploded at ~3500h. Sent it to Benq and cleaned it for ~$25. But the price will differ in your area probably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts