AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have returned a BENQ projector to BENQ because it went out. Benq said that the part was out of stock and it would be another week. Today I called and it is still sitting in the warehouse! Granted they are sending a new projector, but gees! Its going to be close to 3 weeks before this problem is resolved. What make it worse it that the projector is only 7 months old. If you have an issue with BENQ be ready for loooooong downtime and a loooooong time on hold with customer service.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you and I'd be very upset if this happened to me. Would you please tell us what projector you have and why you had to return it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not sure what projector you have but BenQ provides a first year hot swap program and another projector is shipped within 48 hours (not including weekends). If you wanted your original projector repaired then yes you probably will have to wait awhile. Need to know a little more on what exactly happened in your case.

John

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
3 weeks actually isn't so bad compared to some horror stories....

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Boy - I think it's great that BENQ are sending you a brand new projector - especially after 7 months of use. I wish Panasonic had a similar program.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Benq model is a installation series model 5120. They never mention they had a 48 hour switch policy. I will have to call them and ask them.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm with John B. on this one. Sweet deal that they're sending you a new unit! Bummer that the original unit failed so soon but the silver lining is easy to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.