Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer these questions about this projector:

2000hr/3000hr Normal/Economy bulb. Does this mean that in economy mode, the image will be less bright? Does anyone know the ANSI rating of the economy mode??

2x or 3x color wheel? I've heard 3x but can't find documentation to support it yet

Does anyone know the projection image offset on this projector?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Undream,

Yes, the bulb will be less bright in eco mode, usually 10-15%. 3x color wheel identified by press releases and numerous calls to BenQ technical support. I've asked on the forum about image offset and so far the best answer I've gotten is ~12-15" at a 13' throw distance (full zoom, biggest picture).

Russ

·
Registered
352 Posts
I too watch mine in Econo mode as well.

Sonicflood

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

I own an X1, but, I'm helping my dad out. Hes building an awesome HT. Hes good at framing the room, its my responsibility to get him a projector :)

I'm really considering the PB6100 for him. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also watch in Economy mode and BTW it seems much brighter than Cinema Mode. I suggest that we began to post our settings. In my case, although the 6100 has looked good from the beginning, even with default settings, I only have the Dishwasher setup disk (crap! :mad: ) and the THX optimizer( more crap! :mad: ). In my case, 'cause I'm using a ME paint wall, I have to compensate for the blueish tint in the ME paint. I will post my settings tomorrow 'cause I'm right now at work...

Fallo.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I haven't had a chance to use Avia on it, just the THX optimizer from Raiders. I found that cinema mode was also a little bluish. While the picture was not bright, I associated the picture with what I see when color temperature is turned up.

I thought Economy and Video mode look the best and very similar, with economy mode being just a little less bright.

When I go through with Avia, I will post those settings. IN the meantime, maybe someone should start a threat just for posting the settings.

Billy

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll be tweaking mine as soon as I finish my DIY screen (tonight). I'll post the settings in a thread. I have Avia.

Sonicflood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.