AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that projectorcentral changed their listing for the 6200 and it now indicates "No" by SDTV/480i. Does that mean that it you can't watch normal TV on it? BenQ has the same spec book for the 6100 and 6200, so it doesn't help with the confusion as far as I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this would cause me to rethink my entire purchase plan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i can't see why it wouldn't. it has a composite connection, which will only carry interlaced video...i wouldn't see why the source of the interlaced video would matter...i could be wrong, though

·
Registered
81 Posts
it lists the same issue for the 7200... however, a member here has confirmed that watching normal cable tv through the svhs input works fine. does 480i mean it's digital? perhaps it will not work with digital cable tv, but works fine with analog signals?

·
Registered
221 Posts
It will work fine. Projector Central is a great source of information, but at times they do get it wrong, or incomplete.

I talked to Benq yesterday on the phone and was told that the pb6200 was still about a month out before it will be availabe for distribution. I hope it is not delayed beyond a month. It sounds to be worth checking out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Could someone explain what the 6100/6200 does in 16x9 mode. I am a noob to FP's but have had a HD RPTV for 5 years. It is a widescreen. Do these projectors have a zoom or partial zoom or aspect ratio control like my Tosh? I will be putting the FP on a table approx. 11 feet from a screen. Would I use a 80x45 screen or what ? Need help.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally I wouldn't be as worried about the listing about Projector Central except that the BenQ 7200 is the same way. And a few days ago, it was listed as unknown for supporting SDTV. It seems strange to change the information without reason. I called BenQ, but the person I talked to didn't know (just said, "yeah, it works with TV). I may call back. I just want to figure this out before the end of January, because I'll just order the 6100. Does anyone else have any insight? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.