AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any comments on this projector as a Home Theater unit only. It seems like the NEC LT240K gets good reviews but not much on the BenQ PB7200 (maybe 'cause it's new). I am concerned that one person on this forum said DVD quality wasn't very good unless through a PC.

Use would be Directv, HD (directv, expressvu) and DVD using component. All signals go through an iscan ultra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as looking to spend no more than $1,600-$1,800US for a new projector (currently using Epson PowerLite 7500C.

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
The 7200 does a pretty good job with HT, but I'd only get it if I had an ambient light problem. Otherwise I'd look at a 6200 or the lt240k. I've never seen the lt240k, but have great things about it. The RA in my dorm had the 7200 and currently has the 6200. I have spent countless hours watching DVD's, playing xbox, and watching Indiana University cable on the 7200, and have watched DVD's and played xbox on the 6200. I believe the 6200 has a better picture. It has better colors and better contrast. The 7200 is much brighter, but has very,very black blacks. On DVD's, an HTPC definitely looked the best, but I did not have an upscaling DVD player to try out on either one at the time. If you get the 6200 with an upscaling DVD player you would probably still be under budget. My best advice is to see them for yourselves if at all possible. Let your eyes be the judge. Good Luck!

~Will

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advice.

The only concern I had with the 6200 was a the review by home theater mag was somewhat mixed.

I'll look at the 6200 seriously as the price is quite abit lower than the 7200 and ambient light is not a problem.

Thanks again for your advie

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have a 240k and almost bought the 7200.

I'll tell ya that the 240k's picture controls are the best in the biz (almost the same,If not the same as the ht 1100)and it make for a dam good picture.

Get it ISF calibrated and with 2000 lumens all you need to do is set back and enjoy.

Ddog!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I own the 6200, but have seen the lt240k. The Nec is better, better optics, more tweakable. only downside is the 2x wheel, if your are rainbow sensitive. unfortunately for me, the shorter warranty and insane privce difference (75% more...) led me to the 6200. Still a good PJ, very satisfied so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.