AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post after reading the forums for several months. Thanks to everyone for sharing their projector knowledge and experience and giving me the confidence to choose a projector and to actually buy it. I bought the Benq 7800 from an AVS sponsor and was pleased with the service. I'll post my impressions (quite favorable) of the projector performance later in another thread but have a question. Tech support isn't open on the weekend so I thought I would ask here.

Looking into the lens, the axis of the innermost round aperture (in a thin metal plate) is offset down and to the right of the center of the lens. This blocks about one-fourth of lens area and seems like it would reduce the amount of light to the screen. Shouldn't this aperture be centered on the lens axis? The picture quality seems fine in all respects but I have no experience with front projection so could miss something obvious to someone else. Should I be concerned about this? Thanks for any insight.

BradW

· Registered
81 Posts
Not exactly sure what you are seeing, but i'm planning on ordering a 7800 today. Sounds like you are seeing a full picture though -- correct?

Maybe something shifted during transit? Probably wouldn't hurt calling your dealer on Monday. Got a digital camera? Post a picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.