Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am now in possession of a HP XB31 projector, I use this for home cinema only and therefore I would like to invest in native 16:9 HT projector

I thought about the Benq PE 8700, is this any good or are there better projectors in this price-range (or less)

Also, How much is the HP still worth ?

It is 8 months old and has 280h on the counter, it comes with an component cable that I bought seperately.

Thx

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are a lot of happy Beng 8700 owners including myself. Check the " >$3500 forum . It is consider to be the best bang for the buck of the Mustang HD2 equiped DLP pjs. Also look for the Infocus 7200. This is another good pj which is a bit more expensive than the Benq 8700. If your budget however is below $5000 the Beng is the way to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else comment on this subject, people also are talking me into buying the toshiba MT-500, yet based on user comments on this forum, the benq seems an overall better projector, anyone has another option, I wouldn't want to rush in buying another pj till I am absolute sure that I'm good for years

What about an Epson TW-100 for example ?

PS: using DVD-963SA ps-output

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You can save more on the MT-500 or TW-100 but stays away from it if you have the budget for PE8700. There's many budget, best bang for the money PJ but Tw100 and MT-500 are definately not on the list NOW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
en how about the Sanyo Z2 or should I just decide and go with the PE8700, I understand that won't be a disappointment ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please help me decide: Benq PE8700 or Sanyo Z2

Both 1280*720, Sanyo LCD & Benq DLP

Both have great reviews but I can't device, I wouldn't want to give the money that I can buy two z2's for one Benq PE8700 is if the difference is not that great

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Nobody is going to be able to make you decide one way or another.

BUT ... there are more than enough members of the forum who have traded up to the PE8700 from the Z2 and said the improvements were outstanding.

Personally, the Z2 is nice ... great "bang for the buck" ...

But the 8700 is clearly produces a better image. Is the improvement in picture quality "worth" more?

Only you can answer that ...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Check the over $3500 forum. Several threads on comparisons between HS20, Benq8700, IF5700, etc.

If you already made up your mind great. If not, you should also consider the Sony HS20 and IF5700.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.