AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
John

If I recall correctly, the 8710 has HD2+ and 7-segment colorwheet. Are there any other noteworthy upgrades from the 8700?

Dave

·
Registered
436 Posts
According to the press release, the chip and wheel are the only changes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I happen to think that the matterhorn chip is the best value/performance for dlp.Does anyone know a ship date or any more info that wasn't already on PC for the benq PE 7800?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by angilasaurus
Just recieved word from my contact at BenQ that we will not see the 8710 until May. No word on pricing though.

JOHN
May!! Guess I'll just get the H76, at least it's shipping in two weeks.;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RONM
I happen to think that the matterhorn chip is the best value/performance for dlp.Does anyone know a ship date or any more info that wasn't already on PC for the benq PE 7800?
It should be shipping in 2 weeks (this isn't a joke). Some have said that it is already shipping, but I don't know of any dealers who have it yet.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
isn't there a good chance the BENQ will steeet price at less than 3500?
The street price doesn't matter. The forums are split by MSRP.

--Darin

·
Registered
303 Posts
Since the pe7800 should be out first there should be more valid info and interest in this FP than the 8710 which looks to be an overpriced clone of the 8700

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Since the pe7800 should be out first there should be more valid info and interest in this FP than the 8710 which looks to be an overpriced clone of the 8700
Hmmm. We know that the 8710 will have some improvements (we know a couple, but I don't think we know all of them and press releases 4 months before a product ships often don't mention all the changes) and we don't know the street price. So, jumping to the conclusion that it looks to be an overpriced clone seems like quite a jump to me.

I think the mistake of comparing street prices from current models to MSRP of upcoming models is one of the more common mistakes around the two digital FP forums. I think some people made the same mistake with the new LCDs last November and then a couple of them came in with almost identical street prices to the previous models.

--Darin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.