AVS Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just wanted to give an update in case if anyone else is looking for a mount. I instead bought Vivo projector mount, excellent mount, much much better quality than the other one. It has 1000+ reviews and quite few installation videos which was BIG Help for me because this will be the first time installing. I have used Vivo mounts before and they are very good quality. It is only few $$ more than this one but worth it, they also have one with extend pole for less than $20. All in all very happy, i installed it today it is very sturdy and looks great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01013QA86/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Those are truly nice and easy just too much of a drop for my short ceiling and honestly the look of the metal frame I couldn't handle it. :/ But for sure easier adjustability. The one I linked to works amazing for my hc2150 and my tk800m comes in Saturday and mounting it there this weekend with same mount will post photo later. Here's my hc2150 with the mount that didn't come with instructions. You can see why I went with it. SUPER slim and hugs the ceiling.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those are truly nice and easy just too much of a drop for my short ceiling and honestly the look of the metal frame I couldn't handle it. :/ But for sure easier adjustability. The one I linked to works amazing for my hc2150 and my tk800m comes in Saturday and mounting it there this weekend with same mount will post photo later. Here's my hc2150 with the mount that didn't come with instructions. You can see why I went with it. SUPER slim and hugs the ceiling.

Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm still kinda worried the tk800m isn't going to give me close the same daytime viewing that the Epson does. I really hope it does as I want the "4k" for the next Xbox

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got projector mounted and about 5 hours in everything was looking pretty damn good. Until I did a test image where I couldn't get yellow to truly be yellow at all. Super green and even with tk800 calibration settings from one online site. Still no luck. Please someone let me know how close to yellow your is with this YT test video. The 1st image shows color bars and mines so green. Out of the box too. Really let down.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can not get this thing level. The screens set and I did measuring and everything. It's really weird the top of the screen is fine but the bottoms is not. :/ Any ideas. TIA for all input. Ordered new peerless mount to see if that will help I don't think it will truly I think it's the screen mounting or the wall the screen is on.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Can not get this thing level. The screens set and I did measuring and everything. It's really weird the top of the screen is fine but the bottoms is not. :/ Any ideas. TIA for all input. Ordered new peerless mount to see if that will help I don't think it will truly I think it's the screen mounting or the wall the screen is on.

The projector is not perpendicular to the screen in more then one axis. The lens of the benQ is not in the exact same spot as your old Epson. The projector needs to be rotated so the image moves to the right and projector physically moved (slid horizontally) to the left (when standing behind the projector facing the screen) to center the image on the screen or you need to move the screen to the right to center it.. It is also off slightly in the other axis also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The projector is not perpendicular to the screen in more then one axis. The lens of the benQ is not in the exact same spot as your old Epson. The projector needs to be rotated so the image moves to the right and projector physically moved (slid horizontally) to the left (when standing behind the projector facing the screen) to center the image on the screen or you need to move the screen to the right to center it.. It is also off slightly in the other axis also.
^ Exactly this, plus I found with my TK800 that these 4k projectors are particularly sensitive to alignment issues in terms of image quality. I bought a slightly shorter mount for my TK800 which allowed me to completely level mine and I was staggered at how much sharper the 4k image was. It was like a significant projector upgrade.

I know all projectors need to be aligned properly, but it made me wonder how many people are losing out on the true 4k sharpness that these devices are capable of. Even more of a shame that most don't have any lens shift.

·
Registered
155 Posts
^ Exactly this, plus I found with my TK800 that these 4k projectors are particularly sensitive to alignment issues in terms of image quality. I bought a slightly shorter mount for my TK800 which allowed me to completely level mine and I was staggered at how much sharper the 4k image was. It was like a significant projector upgrade.

I know all projectors need to be aligned properly, but it made me wonder how many people are losing out on the true 4k sharpness that these devices are capable of. Even more of a shame that most don't have any lens shift.
Yeah this units already back at Amazon warehouse. The lumen output just couldn't touch that of my Epson hc2150 let alone the new hc3200 I ordered. While the unit was decently bright at night the Epson destroys it. The lens on the BenQ and the size factor 100% better over the Epson. I just wouldn't settle. The Epson has vertical and horizontal lens paired with quick corner it just a much better option for my needs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all, wondering if anyone had advice on here.

I have a TK800 I've been using for a year or so with my PS4 Pro. No issues cranking up the setting. I recently got a PS5 and am only able to select 1080p with HDR or 4k no HDR. Some people seem to have this issue with their tv's and have the change the input to "enhanced." However, I can't for the life of me figure out why I wouldn't be able to get this output going. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all, wondering if anyone had advice on here.

I have a TK800 I've been using for a year or so with my PS4 Pro. No issues cranking up the setting. I recently got a PS5 and am only able to select 1080p with HDR or 4k no HDR. Some people seem to have this issue with their tv's and have the change the input to "enhanced." However, I can't for the life of me figure out why I wouldn't be able to get this output going. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I have a TK800 (non M) and we don't that option, as long as you're plugged into the HDMI 2.0 port then you should be good to go.
For some reason, a lot of TVs have that option (called deep colour etc. etc.). Enabling it turns on HDMI 2.0 (EDID), supposedly to do with older input devices that won't work with HDMI 2.0 ports.

I run 4k HDR all day long on mine, from my PC, Nvidia Shield, Xbox X, Blu ray player etc. I don't own a PS5 however.

There seem to be multiple issues with HDMI and the PS5, I expect they will be ironed out with future updates from Sony.

I assume this is what they mean by 'enhanced'...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have noticed a small dot right at the center on the screen, it is really tiny but is visible when you sit in the center. I am thinking there might be some dust on the lens and clean it out? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I have noticed a small dot right at the center on the screen, it is really tiny but is visible when you sit in the center. I am thinking there might be some dust on the lens and clean it out? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
It might be a stuck micromirror. I have one on my W1070. I find that if I display a solid colour image and alternate the colours, that I can unstick it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It might be a stuck micromirror. I have one on my W1070. I find that if I display a solid colour image and alternate the colours, that I can unstick it.
Thanks.

What does it actually mean? Do I need to physically clean the lens? How do i fix it

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Thanks.

What does it actually mean? Do I need to physically clean the lens? How do i fix it
Use a windows program like Paint to create a full colour full screen image and display this on your projector, and then alternate the colours every few seconds. This may free the micromirror. If this doesn't work then you'll have to have it serviced to have the DMD replaced.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts