AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurEinTier /forum/post/20899098

Aparantly 'advanced cooling' made the 6000 hours claim possible.

Looks like it has 3x Speed colour wheel, 6 Segments (RGBCYW).

Sounds like guaranteed Rain Bow Effect to me.

http://www.projectisle.com.au/Produc...x?ProdID=27633

Are you sure it's 3x color wheel speed?

The W1100 is 4x.... why would they release a newer 3x color wheel? Is it a cheaper alternative version?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I'm absolutely 100% not sure.

Information is minimal on this model.

Haven't found a review of this model anywhere.

Hoping there will be a review but so far nothing is even announced.

Maybe no one is interested in budget 2d beamers anymore?

Benq mentions nothing about the colourwheel in the specs.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurEinTier /forum/post/20942832

No I'm absolutely 100% not sure.

Information is minimal on this model.

Haven't found a review of this model anywhere.

Hoping there will be a review but so far nothing is even announced.

Maybe no one is interested in budget 2d beamers anymore?

Benq mentions nothing about the colourwheel in the specs.

I know.. BenQ doesn't seem to release this kind of stuff. I don't understand why..

No I think 2d projectors are still relatively popular. I'm not ready to jump on the 3d band wagon. Honestly I don't even prefer 3D. I don't really enjoy it. Sometimes I get headaches watching it.

Many want to jump on 3D now. Early adopters. Anyway, everyone has their own wants ahha

·
Registered
31 Posts
So it's been almost 5 months since this thread was started. Any info or reviews on this pj yet. I was seriously considering the Mits HC4000 when I stumbled on the W1060. Still not a lot of info about it. Anyone here have one yet?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn1 /forum/post/21458578

So it's been almost 5 months since this thread was started. Any info or reviews on this pj yet. I was seriously considering the Mits HC4000 when I stumbled on the W1060. Still not a lot of info about it. Anyone here have one yet?

After doing a little comparison, it seems to me that the BenQ W1060 is a stripped down version of the W1100 and W1200. Although in my honest opinion it seems like the W1060 is quite bang for buck if you're not looking for the extra bells and whistles that the W1100 and W1200 offers. Unlike the W1200 which offers frame interpolation which works to smoothen out your frames, picture by pictures modes, and more oomph on the on board speakers. The W1060 seems to not offer any of those.

However the main advantage that I see on the W1060 is that it offers up to 6000 bulb hours which is something that the W1100 and W1200 both lack. And if you're looking just to get a very nice quality throw from an entry level 1080p HT projector, I think both the HC4000 and the W1060 would do great.

The HC4000 would probably be better for movies and the W1060 would be better for sports since BenQ's W1100 and W1200 are extremely sharp projectors and perfect for gaming and sports. I'd assume that the W1060 hardware would be quite similar to both W1100 and W1200.

What will you be using your projector mostly for though? Gaming? Movies? Sports?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll be using it mostly for movies, but there will definitely be some sports and maybe some gaming.

Will the BenQ be noticeably sharper, or is the hc4000 close enough that it will never be a problem?

It will be on a 106", 16:9 screen in a light controlled room with dark walls and a white ceiling. I will have some lights on during sports, but they are at the back of the room about 25 feet from the screen.

I have an Infocus X1 still right now. Pretty sure both of these will be a huge improvement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.