AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an 5 year old Benq w1070 that was working great. The bulb had around 1500hours. Five days ago I was watching a film and the bulb exploded. Everything went black and the projector turned of (no lights on the buttons - all off). So I unplugged from the wall and other a bare bulb for replace. The bulb arrived today, and after following some advices here I manage to exchange the bulb and clean the projector. After all done. I plugged the projector on the outlet again, still no lights of power , stand by or anything. If I press the power button nothing happens. I’m pretty frustrated with this. I never thought the the bulb exploding could cause such things. Any advice or tips for what the problem could be? Thanks

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
First thing to check is make sure the lamp cover is on correctly as there is a safety switch that powers off the projector if it not making contact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing to check is make sure the lamp cover is on correctly as there is a safety switch that powers off the projector if it not making contact.
Yes. I check that. I even press the lamp cover switch manually to see if anything happened, but nothing no lights, no noise... nothing... thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
You mentioned a "bare bulb". Does that mean you removed the bad bulb from it's housing/assembly rather than replacing the entire assembly? Unfortunately, the larger problem could be something else that caused your bulb to fail. If you get no lights/codes or power at all I suspect other problems. Good Luck

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, please clarify "...other a bare bulb for replace."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you buy the new bulb with the metal housing, or just the bare bulb?
So no lights(LEDs) turn on, on the buttons at all?
If bulb is seated properly, the cover is in it's place properly and no LED is on, on the buttons, I'm afraid that it's an internal error, maybe bad ballast?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts