AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The color wheel in my w1070 shattered... I took it completely apart and bought one off ebay. I could only find them coming from china. Took awhile to get here and I finally got it today and put it in after a good cleaning of the unit. Got it powered back on, no extra screws or issues, been taking this apart many times for cleaning throughout the years. But, after powering it on, I have some color issues. There is a slight banding of colors in some scenes and the colors just look a little off.

Would this just be needing to adjust the colors and fine tune them for the new wheel and the variances from the oem wheel, or is there issues with the color wheel timing?

If anyone else has replaced their wheel and resolved this issue please let me know. I have the service manual somewhere but cant remember if the service menu allows you to adjust timing of the wheel, or if that will even resolve the issue I'm having.

Would it be worth having someone come out and run a isf calibration on it for this unit? I mainly use it for streaming video and gaming.

·
Banned
868 Posts
There was a thread on this topic a while ago, yes you can fix the colour wheel delay to fix the alignment. You have to go into the service menu, and display a test image from your computer (some kind of gradient) until it matches what you see on your monitor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.