AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered a benq w1070. it is not the w1070+ . but what is the best way to connect it to my sound installation?

I have a harman kardon avr 132 + hkts 20 set .

But what is the best cable to use to connect with the sound installation?

Below a picture of both connections i would be really helped if some one could draw the lines for me and send it to me. should have bought a hdmi reciever.. but okay got to deal with it.

Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What is/are the video sources? With the old receiver, you will run the best audio option to the receiver, then run the video directly to the pj. You will have limitations though if you have too many video sources; you will need a better external switch to be able to connect them. The receiver usually does this, but since it's old tech, it is a bad match for a modern pj.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is/are the video sources? With the old receiver, you will run the best audio option to the receiver, then run the video directly to the pj. You will have limitations though if you have too many video sources; you will need a better external switch to be able to connect them. The receiver usually does this, but since it's old tech, it is a bad match for a modern pj.
Yes it is old 2007.. but how old are the w1070 s:p so, but i made a fault. it does not need to go to the projector..

i want sound from my pc and tv to the sound system. so i need to connect the pc to the sound system and not the projector

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
PC audio out to AVR, whatever format your PC supports. TV Audio out to AVR, again, whatever format the TV supports. You'd then select the matching/assigned AV input on the AVR to listen to each source. If using the analog (RCA) jacks, this is straight forward. If using a digital input on the AVR, they are usually assignable to whatever source you desire.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
By TV, I assume you mean a cable TV tuner, or similar, not your actual 'TV'.

As described, you will take the audio out of whatever source you want to use. The best connection for a non-HDMI receiver will be digital audio using either coaxial cable or a fiber cable. They both carry the same sound on them, so pick which one you have. If you don't have a digital audio connection, then use analog audio connections. Computers typically have a 1/8" audio connection, and the receiver has RCA connections, so you will need a 1/8" stereo (3.5mm stereo) to RCA stereo cable or adapter.

Most cable boxes have a digital audio connection on them, so you would take the right into your Harmon Kardon.

You would then take HDMI right from your sources directly to the projector.

In the PC, you want to tell it to use an audio connection other than HDMI.

As is always the case, there are some options here, such as connecting the HDMI enabled sources directly to the projector, then using the green 1/8" stereo audio out connection from the projector to your receiver, but you will lose all surround sound, and this is not the best way to make the connection.

I would start looking for a HDMI equipped A/V receiver if you can swing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got the Reciever 2 day's and got the harman kardon hkts 20 since yesterday.

Found out there it is no need to put sound cable from the w1070 to the reciever.

also found out that its better to have hdmi reciever.. but this set did not even cost me 350 euro.. and it sounds great.

Its just the 3.5mm jack that needs to go to the pc , it will never be as stable as a hdmi. but theres no other choice anyway .. even with hdmi .

My pc got 1 hdmi and the beamer will be on that. so if i wanted sound from pc to reciever i would still have to do it with the 3.5mm jack

So got everything working now:) just waiting on my speaker cable to arrive now. below some pictures of my tv wall

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.